Escape-Central Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]
Show all 55 posts from this thread on one page

Escape-Central (http://www.escape-central.com/1forum/index.php)
- General Chat (http://www.escape-central.com/1forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- NEWS: Mercury's Escape Named MARINER!!! (Pics) (http://www.escape-central.com/1forum/showthread.php?threadid=7512)

Posted by on 04-21-2003 10:12 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by bzcat
why can't those mirrors be painted as well... looks like Ford went to the trouble of color matching every plastic bits to match the primary color so why not the mirrors. They look really out of place now with the monotone paint job.

I suppose it's a matter of opinion, my assumption as to why they did it is thus: The mirror is more a part of the opening than the rest of the car (i.e. it's framed along with the glass as part of the opening.) I think it would look odd the other way.

I like it better black.

Posted by pHaze on 04-24-2003 01:11 PM:

Mariner "Escape" - Can this be done?

I was just noticing that the new Mariner's hood and the front fenders over the front wheels is exactly the same as it is on Escapes. Does this mean that we could just buy that front grill, bumper & lights if we wanted to do that look on the front of an Escape?

That would be trick!!!!!!!!

Posted by on 04-24-2003 04:42 PM:

Ever seen an F-150 Navigator or a Silverado Escalade? They look STUPID in my opinion, but it can be done, at great expense.

I'd be more interested in getting the hybrids bumper cover and fog lights.

Posted by jeffes on 04-24-2003 05:03 PM:

It would be really odd if the front & rear bits don't fit! It's too much $$$ to change the metalwork on a platform.... it looks like the front and rear facias would fit an Escape.... very cool!!!
J

Posted by NzDeV on 05-05-2003 11:20 PM:

Hmmmmmmm

Anyone notice the styling similarity between the new front ends that will be going on the new Mariners and the front grills & headlights on already being put on the asian Escapes?

I think those are the exact same front headlight shapes. I wonder if our Escape's would have gotten this redesign update if Mercury didn't need an SUV right now?

Posted by greyboy on 05-19-2003 01:52 AM:

Wink Video Anyone

Motor Trend has a quicktime video up, previewing the Mariner and "Hot Rodded" Navigator. Anyone interested, can clicky HERE to see it. I'd put it up on the video page, but don't want to suffer the Wrath of MT.

Posted by bodegabay on 05-29-2003 03:12 AM:

i agree with some of the members above -- i would be interested in swapping the headlights + front bumper from the escape hybrid. the new front end looks tough on the hybrid.

since this is a mariner post, what do you guys think of it's thin spoke wheels?

i'm actually thinking about installing these 18" on my dark grey escape. i would've never thought bbs type of spokes would match well, but from tirerack + mariner pics, they look great!

Posted by bzcat on 05-29-2003 07:31 PM:

Taiwan Escape has color matching mirrors... hemm

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Posted by on 05-29-2003 07:32 PM:

quote:
Taiwan Escape has color matching mirrors... hemm

Good catch. I personally think it looks goofy - Especially two-toned as the Taiwan ones are.

Posted by bolita on 05-29-2003 08:22 PM:

Are the Asian Escapes built in Japan by Mazda or are the built in the US?

Also, is the British Maverick US built?

I wonder how many places build the Escape....

Posted by WhatsNew on 07-14-2003 08:20 PM:

JJ, did you ever get up to the show & get those pics taken? We can host them for you here if you want.

Posted by bzcat on 07-15-2003 12:55 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by bolita
Are the Asian Escapes built in Japan by Mazda or are the built in the US?

Also, is the British Maverick US built?

I wonder how many places build the Escape....

3 places - Kansas City, Hiroshima, and Taiwan.

All RWD are build in the US.
All LHD are build in Japan.

Taiwan Escape/Tribute are sold only in Taiwan, although local press in Taiwan is reporting that Ford will start export program of Taiwan Escpae to China and The Philippines later this year (these are the only RHD markets in East Asia besides South Korea).

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Posted by on 07-15-2003 04:10 AM:

quote:
Taiwan Escape/Tribute are sold only in Taiwan, although local press in Taiwan is reporting that Ford will start export program of Taiwan Escpae to China and The Philippines later this year (these are the only RHD markets in East Asia besides South Korea).

I thought I read Russia too.