Escape-Central Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »
Show all 43 posts from this thread on one page

Escape-Central (http://www.escape-central.com/1forum/index.php)
- Pricing - Ordering and Options (http://www.escape-central.com/1forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- What's Your Favorite MAZDA TRIBUTE Color.....And Why? (http://www.escape-central.com/1forum/showthread.php?threadid=3386)

Posted by Seans4X4 on 03-16-2002 02:28 AM:

Talking What's Your Favorite MAZDA TRIBUTE Color? -- And Why?

Billed as the "sport sedan of SUVs" by Mazda, the Tribute has impressed many of us with it's sporty performance. The new Tribute shares it's basic platform with the Ford Escape. The Tribute and Escape were designed and engineered with contributions by both Ford and Ford controlled Mazda of Japan. They are produced at Ford's Kansas City Assembly Plant in Claycomo, MO. The Tribute began arriving in Mazda showrooms in late summer 2000.

Mazda Tribute

Zoom Zooooooooooom!

Trim Details:
The Mazda Tribute is available in seven trims: DX, LX, and ES 2WD; and DX, DXV6, ES and LX 4WD.

Safety features include:
Dual airbags, child safety locks, an anti-lock brake system (ABS) optional on LX and ES trims, and child-seat tether anchors.

Engines & Power:
Powering the DX is a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine producing 130 horsepower, while the DX V6, LX and ES get a more powerful 3.0-liter 200-horsepower V6. Standard features on the DX include power windows and door locks, air conditioning, an AM/FM stereo with CD player, a 5-speed manual transmission, and a roof rack. The LX upgrades with a 4-speed automatic transmission, cruise control, front fog lights, remote keyless entry, a split-folding rear bench seat, and 5-spoke cast aluminum wheels. The top-level ES adds leather trim and a power driver's seat. All 4WD Tributes feature an automatic 4WD system that uses a new Rotary Blade Coupling (RBC) system. The RBC 4WD works
both as an on-demand system or it can be locked into 4WD with the push of a button on the dashboard.

The Tribute is worthy of consideration for many of those looking to diffrentiate themselves from Ford's awesome Escape design. We're curious as to what you all think is the best looking color on the Tribute? Please let us know by voting in our poll.

Insurance Costs:
Compare insurance costs & quotes for the Tribute

(c) WhatsNew @ Escape-Central.com

"...and in this world, there's a perfect dream, and in it all, a silent voice that screams, escapes from within, persists, fades nevermore: come go with me, let's roll, explore"

Posted by tributedxv6 on 03-21-2002 09:03 PM:

My favorite Tribute color is Sunburst Red Metallic. Can you add that to the survey? Sure, it's been discontinued, but it's still a beautiful color!

Posted by WhatsNew on 03-21-2002 09:15 PM:

:j Oops.. sure, we'll add that color.

What are the other discontinued 2001 Tribby Colors?

Posted by sg1ama on 03-21-2002 09:36 PM:

Sunburst Red?
Never heard/seen that color before

I still have the 01 Trib brochure and the colors listed are:
Ebony Black
Oxford White
Medium Toreador Red
Amazon Green
Chestnut Metallic
Light Parchment Gold
Silver Metallic
Medium Wedgewood Blue

Thats all

Posted by YoumansJason on 03-22-2002 02:48 AM:

Cool survey idea, but it will be difficult since Mazda decided to change most of the colors from 2001 to 2002.

I had the hardest time trying to decide what color to get my 2002 Tribute. I liked them all, but I liked the Gray interior more than the Beige, so that helped narrow down the choices. I finally decided on the Glacier Silver, just like the picture!

Posted by tributedxv6 on 03-22-2002 05:04 PM:

Sunburst Red Metallic is almost identical to Medium Toreador Red. I don't know why Mazda decided to discontinue the color for 2002. I guess I have a rare Tribute? Sunburst Red DX-V6. I have seen maybe three. I see tons of Desert and Silver Tribs. And, the color of the Tribute in the first post is exactly the color I am talking about. Pretty, ain't it?!

Posted by allfrenzy on 03-22-2002 05:49 PM:

I like the Chestnut Mica, tho I don't see many in this color. I hope I don't hurt any one's feelings, but the green in my opnion is the worst. Just plain green w/ nothing exciting about it. Does any one know the percent of each color produced by Mazda?

Posted by Tribby2001 on 03-23-2002 05:57 PM:

Lightbulb Hey, poll taker!

Platinum(2001) and Glacier Silver Metallic(2002) are exactly the same color just a prettier name. I suggest you combine the two votes.

Posted by HOTWLS on 04-12-2002 02:04 PM:

Down here in Australia , Calypso Blue Metallic has been discontinued so I got another color called Starry Blue which is almost the same

2002 LX TRIBUTE
Rear spoiler
towbar & tint
Starry Blue with full color coding
including mirrors & grill
18 inch HP SCORCH wheels
255/55-R18 Pirelli Scorpion S/T tyres

Posted by hoogbest on 04-14-2002 08:06 PM:

Good old white on my 2002 Escape XLT. It looks clean and stays clean looking longer. White defines the lines of the vehicle well, is easy to maintain AND touches up like a dream, not the nightmare all metallics tend to be! PLUS not a lot of them on the road so you kind of stand out and white is the most highly visible vehicle color so the drivers around you can be more aware of your movements! It's simply the best color for me!

Posted by Zoomer on 04-15-2002 03:07 PM:

allfrenzy,

You didn't hurt my feelings...

Posted by terrapin24h on 09-12-2002 05:27 PM:

Calypso Blue...My wife and I had red cars already, and all of the other trib colors seemed to be a bit muted to us.

--chris

--chris
2002 Tribute ES 4x4 Calypso Blue
2004 Focus ZX5 Premium CD Silver

Posted by catkabob on 07-18-2003 01:41 AM:

This was a good poll, too bad it is closed now. Sunburst Red Metallic here.

Bill

Posted by jens2002xlt on 07-18-2003 02:20 AM:

I like the Sunburst Red Metallic

Bugshield II
Alpine CDA9807 head unit
Alpine SPS570A speakers
Michelin Cross Terrain SUV Tires
Escape third brake light cover