Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > GAS & GO -- What's Your V-6 MPG?
GAS & GO -- What's your V-6 MPG?
This poll is closed.
28 MPG or more (oh sure...) 3 0.72%
27 MPG 1 0.24%
26 MPG 8 1.93%
25 MPG 17 4.11%
24 MPG 25 6.04%
23 MPG 26 6.28%
22 MPG 37 8.94%
21 MPG 44 10.63%
20 MPG 77 18.60%
19 MPG 44 10.63%
18 MPG 60 14.49%
17 MPG 33 7.97%
16 MPG 19 4.59%
15 MPG or less 18 4.35%
Other ( ... What ?? ) 2 0.48%
Total: 414 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sg1ama
Platinum Overdrive

Question Whats Your MPG (Poll)

Hey all
Someone else had suggested this as a poll & I think it was a pretty good idea
(note to mods- since we now have so many polls going, everything from colors to where you live to problems, maybe you should make a subgroup for all the polls. That way (esp with newer members) everyone sees all the polls & can vote on whichever they want)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sg1ama is offline Old Post 01-24-2002 10:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sg1ama Find more posts by sg1ama Add sg1ama to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pottzEscape
4th Gear

Sorry to tell you but there is a poll going for this, we don't need another one. Need to look in the left side bar under POLLS

pottzEscape is offline Old Post 01-24-2002 11:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pottzEscape Find more posts by pottzEscape Add pottzEscape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BeatleEscape
New Member!

Although there is another poll for this, a better one I think would be if it were broken down to at least whether its a 4 cyl or V6. One step farther would be whether its a 2wd or 4wd. Having all Escape combinations in one poll doesn't really give a true feel for mileage ..... in my opinion anyway.

Happy Escaping ....................

BeatleEscape is offline Old Post 01-24-2002 06:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BeatleEscape Find more posts by BeatleEscape Add BeatleEscape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seans4X4
 Managing Editor

Re: Whats Your MPG (Poll)

quote:
Originally posted by sg1ama
Someone else had suggested this as a poll & I think it was a pretty good idea (note to mods- since we now have so many polls going, maybe you should make a subgroup for all the polls. That way (esp with newer members) everyone sees all the polls & can vote on whichever they want)

First of all thanks sg1ama... for promoting this idea of a poll 'bout mileage... it is a very good one and it's much appreciated! Regarding multiple polls running, we've tried to keep about 4 active polls running at any one time here on the site. So when a new poll is posted up by members, we set an end date for one of the ole' poles. I kinda think creating a subgroup for the polls will end up with people not checking them out very much and we'll get less overall votes and views of the results. Things have gone pretty well in that the 4 active polls have tended to remain on the 1st page of our general forum. Once they "fade" and start to fall to the 2nd & lower pages etc this isn't a bad thing 'cuz it indicates that most have voted in them/seen them so it's "natural" way to have a poll end.

quote:
Originally posted by pottzEscape
Sorry to tell you but there is a poll going for this, we don't need another one. Need to look in the left side bar under POLLS

Thanks for the reminder to all on this one pottz... Everyone just click on the POLLS link on the left side here you can vote in our MPG poll, there are over 800(!) responses over there, so it's a very good indicator of what kind of mileage you can expect to be getting.

quote:
Originally posted by BeatleEscape
Although there is another poll for this, a better one I think would be if it were broken down to at least whether its a 4 cyl or V6. One step farther would be whether its a 2wd or 4wd. Having all Escape combinations in one poll doesn't really give a true feel for mileage ... in my opinion anyway.

This is another great idea BeatleEscape! :j
In another week or so we'll try to put together an MPG poll that takes these variations into consideration during the vote process.

Sean

"...and in this world, there's a perfect dream, and in it all, a silent voice that screams, escapes from within, persists, fades nevermore: come go with me, let's roll, explore"

Seans4X4 is offline Old Post 01-24-2002 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Seans4X4 Find more posts by Seans4X4 Add Seans4X4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seans4X4
 Managing Editor

Smile Applause to PottzEscape!

Hey! Congrats Terry on your 300th post!

Sean

"...and in this world, there's a perfect dream, and in it all, a silent voice that screams, escapes from within, persists, fades nevermore: come go with me, let's roll, explore"

Seans4X4 is offline Old Post 01-24-2002 09:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Seans4X4 Find more posts by Seans4X4 Add Seans4X4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pottzEscape
4th Gear

Re: Applause to PottzEscape!

quote:
Originally posted by Seans4X4
Hey! Congrats Terry on your 300th post!

Sean

AS in the mortal words of someone we all know and love.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

pottzEscape is offline Old Post 01-25-2002 06:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pottzEscape Find more posts by pottzEscape Add pottzEscape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greyboy
Managing Editor

Talking HAAAAAAAAAAAAA POTTTTTTTTTTZZZZZZZYYYYYYYY

HAPPY 300 TO YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you do it, what was your inspiration, who helped you get your start, how far do you think you can go, will you get "too big for you britches"?

CONGRATS, POTTZY !!

greyboy is offline Old Post 01-25-2002 09:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for greyboy Find more posts by greyboy Add greyboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pottzEscape
4th Gear

Re: HAAAAAAAAAAAAA POTTTTTTTTTTZZZZZZZYYYYYYYY

quote:
Originally posted by greyboy
HAPPY 300 TO YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you do it, what was your inspiration, who helped you get your start, how far do you think you can go, will you get "too big for you britches"?

CONGRATS, POTTZY !!

I did it with alot of determination and b!tchin,
YOU, ARE THE ONE........
Your the one that got me started, your my INSPIRATION, now that you like me, you really like me I can go all the waaaayyyyyy. As far as being too big for my britches.....I already am.
WHo's loves ya baby

pottzEscape is offline Old Post 01-25-2002 11:40 PM
ESCAPEMAX
Shifting Up To
Another Milestone !!!
Congrats on 3500 !!!

I used to get about 20mpg. Now I get about 18. Since I put an AFE cone filter, Weapon-R tube, GMS airflow meter. I even changed the tip on my exhaust. Now I have a Borla dual outlet with intercooler.
Escapemax

2013 Hyundai Elantra GS
2010 Yamaha Majesty

ESCAPEMAX is offline Old Post 03-21-2002 06:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ESCAPEMAX Find more posts by ESCAPEMAX Add ESCAPEMAX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rumba4u
Outfitter

Angry my mileage sucks!

i have a 4x2 V6 and I am only getting 16 mpg. I have only 920 miles on it, but still! Hopefully this will get better as the computer learns my driving ....

this fillup i had 219.7 miles for 13 gallons

people have said to unplug the battery for 30 minutes ... how many miles do you have to drive before the computer does it's thing? What I mean to ask is, I should wait for 5000 miles before I start worrying, right?

-Jonathan
satin silver 4x2 v6

rumba4u is offline Old Post 03-21-2002 10:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rumba4u Visit rumba4u's homepage! Find more posts by rumba4u Add rumba4u to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
allfrenzy
New Member!

I do 100% inner city driving and can only squeeze out 16mpg. I drive like I have an egg between my foot and the pedal and I try to anticipate traffic lites. I'll get about 22 when I get out on the hiway @ 70

allfrenzy is offline Old Post 03-22-2002 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for allfrenzy Find more posts by allfrenzy Add allfrenzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corpsie
Uber Escapist

if the Duratec is anything like the Vulcan V6, driving "like a grandma/grandpa" will get you WORSE fuel economy.

I was getting 18mpg in my ranger, then I started to put my foot into in more and now I get 20mpg consistently. This is after 10,000 miles though (when the pours of the metal surfaces get filled in with combustion junk and you get the permanent MPG hike)

Corpsie is offline Old Post 03-26-2002 06:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Corpsie Find more posts by Corpsie Add Corpsie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
audo
1st Gear

Corpsie-I'm glad to hear this! I've been mostly driving like grandma/grandpa to break it in. When I look at the gas gauge I can almost see it move toward the big "E".

I haven't read the manual enough to see if there is a recommended break-in mileage. (I have only driven about 250 miles) Anyone have thoughts on this?

audo is offline Old Post 03-27-2002 05:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for audo Find more posts by audo Add audo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dsa
Uber Escapist

quote:
Originally posted by audo

I haven't read the manual enough to see if there is a recommended break-in mileage. (I have only driven about 250 miles) Anyone have thoughts on this?

Hum... audo, my owner manual says at page 5:

BREAKING-IN YOUR VEHICLE

There are no particular guidelines for breaking-in your vehicle. During the first 1 600 km (1 000 miles) of driving, vary speeds frequently. This is recommended to give the moving parts a chance to break in.

dsa is offline Old Post 03-27-2002 07:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dsa Find more posts by dsa Add dsa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote