Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > M O S T - - W A N T E D !
Most Wanted new Escape-Tribute option?
This poll is closed.
More Horsepower 57 11.75%
AUTO SHIFTER on the floor with the center Console! 177 36.49%
Better sound system 40 8.25%
Dual CHROME exhaust pipes! 40 8.25%
(an even) Shorter steering wheel mounted Shifter 18 3.71%
Special Edition SPORT ROOF avail. as add-on option for ALL Escapes/Tributes 18 3.71%
5 Speed v6 man. Tranny SHIFTER! 73 15.05%
My Escape-Tribute is great just the way it is! 62 12.78%
Total: 485 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Run8secs
1st Gear

M O S T - - W A N T E D !

I thought there should be a poll about what features we would most like to see added to the Escape's option list.

Call it a "Wish List" if you want, but these are the extra things I'd like to see available. Have I forgotten anything that you'd all like to see added?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Run8secs is offline Old Post 02-08-2002 09:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Run8secs Find more posts by Run8secs Add Run8secs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bzcat
Platinum Member

I would love to have a 5 speed MTX option with V6. But short of that option, I would much prefer a floor shifter... at least I can still shift for myself. dual exhaust is a good idea as well.

bzcat is offline Old Post 02-08-2002 09:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bzcat Visit bzcat's homepage! Find more posts by bzcat Add bzcat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwescapexlt4x4
Platinum Member

Location: Avondale, AZ - **- 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 4x4 luxury Edition-**

Post MORE POWER,, too much? what is that?

I love the power of my Escape... but if i could get 40 or more HP would ROCK!

Other than that.. and OH YEAH that annoying door chime for any door.. Yeah PUHLEEEZZ kill that dumb feature.. (i can understand with the driver door ...) But ALL the other doors too??

That is really my ONLY complaint i have about my Escape!

Replaced 2001 Ford Escape XLT V6 4x4 Dark Highland Green

'01 Focus Wagon SE 2.0L 16V Zetec

cwescapexlt4x4 is offline Old Post 02-08-2002 10:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwescapexlt4x4 Visit cwescapexlt4x4's homepage! Find more posts by cwescapexlt4x4 Add cwescapexlt4x4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Etype
3rd Gear

You should add: "Full console with the five speed".

Etype is offline Old Post 02-08-2002 10:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Etype Find more posts by Etype Add Etype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikepro
Ooh La La! 1000 Posts !!
The Humpin' Hula Award

What I really want is a quieter ride, (less wind/road noise).

Also, I would like to have one of those trip computers that calculates MPG, shows temp, compass, etc, etc.

mikepro is offline Old Post 02-08-2002 11:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikepro Find more posts by mikepro Add mikepro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwescapexlt4x4
Platinum Member

Less noise/quieter ride.. YES PLEASE!

cwescapexlt4x4 is offline Old Post 02-09-2002 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwescapexlt4x4 Visit cwescapexlt4x4's homepage! Find more posts by cwescapexlt4x4 Add cwescapexlt4x4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greyboy
Managing Editor

Post Manuals 4 ALL !

5 SPEED V6, 5 SPEED V6, 5 SPEED V6, 5 SPEED V6.
Do I have to say it again?

quote:
Originally posted by Etype
You should add: "Full console with the five speed".

No luck with your mod, John?

greyboy is offline Old Post 02-09-2002 06:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for greyboy Find more posts by greyboy Add greyboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MikeQBF
Platinum Overdrive

Angry A Matter of Taste!

I said it before and I'll say it again... one of the specific selling points for me with the Escape was the column-mounted shifter! I would not have bought otherwise.

Four Generations of YELLOW!

MikeQBF is offline Old Post 02-09-2002 10:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MikeQBF Find more posts by MikeQBF Add MikeQBF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GREENXLT
New Member!

Lightbulb

My Highland Green '01 XLT is just fine the way it is. If I want to go really fast in style, and want to shift manually, I'll drive my Toyota Supra Twin Turbo with the 6-speed. That goes 0 - 60 in 4.6 seconds - stock!

GREENXLT is offline Old Post 02-09-2002 01:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GREENXLT Find more posts by GREENXLT Add GREENXLT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwescapexlt4x4
Platinum Member

Seattle

Hey GREENXLT...
Good to see another Seattlite on the board..!

cwescapexlt4x4 is offline Old Post 02-11-2002 01:49 AM
MyWifesEscape
Outfitter

Better seats (we've got the newest one and they're still wayyyy too firm).

And a keypad entry on the door.

Mud flaps as standard equipment would be nice too.

MyWifesEscape is offline Old Post 02-11-2002 11:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MyWifesEscape Find more posts by MyWifesEscape Add MyWifesEscape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikepro
Ooh La La! 1000 Posts !!
The Humpin' Hula Award

Re: A Matter of Taste!

quote:
Originally posted by MikeQBF
I said it before and I'll say it again... one of the specific selling points for me with the Escape was the column-mounted shifter! I would not have bought otherwise.

I agree, although it wouldn't have been a no deal with a console shifter. But, I like haveing the usable space that a console shifter eats up. A lot of people who are suprised that it is a column shifter must be coming from cars, because all of the Ford trucks I have ever been in all have column shifters. That is the standard for Ford trucks.

mikepro is offline Old Post 02-11-2002 06:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikepro Find more posts by mikepro Add mikepro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GREENXLT
New Member!

Cool Re: Seattle

quote:
Originally posted by cwescapexlt4x4
Hey GREENXLT...
Good to see another Seattlite on the board..!

Hello cwescapexlt4x4,

Thanks, it's good to hear from another Seattleite. :j

GREENXLT is offline Old Post 02-11-2002 07:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GREENXLT Find more posts by GREENXLT Add GREENXLT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bzcat
Platinum Member

Re: Re: A Matter of Taste!

quote:
Originally posted by mikepro

I agree, although it wouldn't have been a no deal with a console shifter. But, I like haveing the usable space that a console shifter eats up. A lot of people who are suprised that it is a column shifter must be coming from cars, because all of the Ford trucks I have ever been in all have column shifters. That is the standard for Ford trucks.

I'm just the opposite. the column shifter was my biggerst problem with Escape and was almost the deal breaker for me... if not for the fact that the Liberty was so ugly and the back seat so useless...

what is the advantage of column shifter? this is not a van so there is no pass-thru issue. the floor shifter would not have really taken any storage space. i can only see down side for column shifter, mostly because it takes away your abiity to manaully select your gears on the fly if you wish. plus I like to shift into neutral at red light to rest my foot... column shifter is not really good at this.

there is really no redeeming quality for having a column shifter imho. then again, I'm a car guy and i don't really care for the mucho truck feel of column shifter.

bzcat is offline Old Post 02-12-2002 09:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bzcat Visit bzcat's homepage! Find more posts by bzcat Add bzcat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote