Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > Wooohoooo!!!
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Leadfoot1
Platinum Overdrive

Just starting here in NE PA. Roads are blanketed and we're expecting about 14 inches by 6AMish Sunday morning. My son has work Sunday morning @ 7:30 so it should be a fun drive!! I'll be taking him to work, he needs a little more practice driving in the snow; he's only done it a couple times. Besides, I'll be able to have a little snow-driving fun on my way back. Weekends are supposed to be fun, and this one looks like it will be, aside from the shoveling that is. (Our driveway is big enough to park a 43-passenger bus)

691 (again)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Leadfoot1 is offline Old Post 01-22-2005 08:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Leadfoot1 Find more posts by Leadfoot1 Add Leadfoot1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kx90
Platinum Member

The only thing I'm worried about is the cops telling me to get off the road :noway:

kx90 is offline Old Post 01-22-2005 08:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kx90 Find more posts by kx90 Add kx90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmyjohn
Hyperdrive

Well it sure took it long enough for it to get there!!! Let us know later on what your conditions are ok.

TOPPED THE MTN. 20,000 POSTS 1/1/09

jimmyjohn is offline Old Post 01-22-2005 09:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jimmyjohn Find more posts by jimmyjohn Add jimmyjohn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zman5588
2nd Gear

quote:
Originally posted by kx90
They're saying scattered snow showers tomorrow for the game. Either way, the field will still be effected.

Also, as already stated, the Falcons beat the Packers (who at the time had never lost a playoff game at home...evAr!) in some really crappy weather. Plus, Atlanta has one of the best running games in the NFL and I think that's what it will come down to, who can be the most effective on the ground offense.

They amended it on the local news, calling for 16"+

It just started to get consistant a minute ago! :woot:

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

And I'll be at the game tomorrow too!

zman5588 is offline Old Post 01-22-2005 09:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zman5588 Find more posts by zman5588 Add zman5588 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pfaulx
3rd Gear

How about those Stillers?? On the news this morning, everyone was concerned with how the crews will be moving all of the snow from Heinz Field.

Go Steelers!!!

pfaulx is offline Old Post 01-22-2005 10:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pfaulx Find more posts by pfaulx Add pfaulx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LX302
Ooh La La! 1000 Posts !!
The Humpin' Hula Award

Go EAGLES!

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.
Fight Eagles Fight, Score A Touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'Em Low.
Hit 'Em High.
And We'll Watch Our Eagles Fly.

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!

'05 Mazda Tribute s AWD 94,000 miles
and still on the road.

LX302 is offline Old Post 01-22-2005 10:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LX302 Find more posts by LX302 Add LX302 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
02EscapeV6
Platinum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Zeman
I guess you don't remember Atlanta beating Green Bay in Green Bay in the playoffs in bad weather 2 years ago?

I am not a typical Atlanta fan that only supports the team when they're doing well. I really don't support them at all 'cause I'm not big into sports (my wife's the football queen). However, I hope Atlanta does well! Now if we could only do something about the Hawks...

Oh - and we gotta win the Super Bowl. If Vick doesn't get a hair cut, he wont fit under the helmet next year.

02EscapeV6 is offline Old Post 01-22-2005 10:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 02EscapeV6 Find more posts by 02EscapeV6 Add 02EscapeV6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ErsiesEscape
4th Gear

quote:
Originally posted by jeffes
It's never too early to abandon your cars!!!! Quick - run, don't walk to your nearest store - there's a shortage of milk & toilet paper!!! OMG!!! The sky is falling!!!!!

News flash - it snows in winter. Geesh.

That made me laugh. I was outside this afternoon - and my neighbor came home and was all in a huff saying that Shop Rite was out of Milk, Bread and Eggs...and then she went to A&P and there was not a shopping cart to be found - so she didn't buy anything. I don't get why when people hear "snow"...they get in a panic and buy the 3 things I don't keep in my house (ok - so I have been told that it's not normal to have milk in the house) - but I don't drink it - and I don't eat bread or eggs on a regular basis. As my husband and I said to eachother today as we were working in the house....we have plenty of food - and more than enough beer...we are good to go.

ErsiesEscape is offline Old Post 01-23-2005 05:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ErsiesEscape Find more posts by ErsiesEscape Add ErsiesEscape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
02EscapeV6
Platinum Member

Milk and bread are staples of my diet. I go through a loaf or slightly more weekly. I go through about a gallon of milk ever 2-3 days (keep in mind I also have a wife and child... they contribute). Milk and bread are always stocked in the house!

But I agree people panic. Even as a southerner who knows as much about driving in the snow as Californians do about driving in a good rain, people stress WAY too much when they see the white stuff.

02EscapeV6 is offline Old Post 01-23-2005 05:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 02EscapeV6 Find more posts by 02EscapeV6 Add 02EscapeV6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lew Sawyer
New Member!

Damn snow. Now there's mud and dirt all over the side of my new car! And the County put sand and salt and mud all over the side of my new car. I am suing them! please don't make me read the manual again... do i have to remove the cargo bar thigamagigs to take the car to a car wash to get the mud off???

Lew Sawyer is offline Old Post 01-23-2005 10:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lew Sawyer Find more posts by Lew Sawyer Add Lew Sawyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
02EscapeV6
Platinum Member

I used to work at a car wash/oil change place. The only thing you have to remove is the entire vehicle for a safe wash. I've seen folded mirrors ripped off, antennas bent, spoilers damaged, paint knocked off, never a roof rack injury though...

Wash it yourself. Doesn't take that long, the results are better, and your car doesn't look like it just came back from Iraq.

02EscapeV6 is offline Old Post 01-23-2005 10:27 PM
Rick Zeman
Hyperdrive

quote:
Originally posted by Lew Sawyer
Damn snow. Now there's mud and dirt all over the side of my new car! And the County put sand and salt and mud all over the side of my new car. I am suing them! please don't make me read the manual again... do i have to remove the cargo bar thigamagigs to take the car to a car wash to get the mud off???
I have so much salt on mine that I came out this morning and found a pair of deer licking it.

Rick Zeman is offline Old Post 01-23-2005 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Zeman Find more posts by Rick Zeman Add Rick Zeman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote