Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > Snow car idiots
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zman5588
2nd Gear

Snow car idiots

Here in PA we just had our first major snowfall of 12+ inches. Has anyone seen the people who must drive their car around with that full amount on the vehicle with just a little bit of the windshield open? Why can't they clear the whole car off? Man that makes me mad.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zman5588 is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 07:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for zman5588 Find more posts by zman5588 Add zman5588 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Leadfoot1
Platinum Overdrive

I know exactly what you mean. People are idiots

696 (again)

Leadfoot1 is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 07:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Leadfoot1 Find more posts by Leadfoot1 Add Leadfoot1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
audi242
Platinum Member

Yeah, I posted on this earlier. It makes me mad!!!

audi242 is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 07:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for audi242 Find more posts by audi242 Add audi242 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Longrifle3006

[ praw tsop gniretne ]

It'll all melt eventually.....

2002 Escape XLT 4X4 - Chrome Yellow
2002 Yamaha FZ 1 - (faster) Liquid Silver

Longrifle3006 is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 09:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Longrifle3006 Find more posts by Longrifle3006 Add Longrifle3006 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fords4ever
2nd Gear

Saw a Syracuse cop pull over a woman last week, and while he wrote her a ticket, made her get out and clean her minivan off. Man,was she ******ed.

Fords4ever is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fords4ever Find more posts by Fords4ever Add Fords4ever to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kx90
Platinum Member

It's illegal and dangerous.

People do it because they are to lazy to clean the whole car off. We are now 3 days removed from the storm, the roads are cleared, there is no ice...yet, and still it has gone from taking me 15 minutes to 35 minutes to get to and from work which is only a 5 mile drive each way.

kx90 is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 05:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kx90 Find more posts by kx90 Add kx90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
omio
Hyperdrive

quote:
Originally posted by kx90

People do it because they are to lazy to clean the whole car off. We are now 3 days removed from the storm, the roads are cleared, there is no ice...yet, and still it has gone from taking me 15 minutes to 35 minutes to get to and from work which is only a 5 mile drive each way.

My commute normally takes 30 minutes down 422, it now taking 1.5 to 2.5 hours each way. I am really getting fed up with this!!!!

'02 Red Sport XLT No Boundaries-Borla Cat back-Westin Safari Bar w/ PIAA 520 Fog-Donelly Auto-Dimming/Compass/Temp Mirror-Auto Start-Bug Delfector and Wind Deflectors-Bridgestone Dueller A/T (Revos) - Hate Them

'04 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

(\__/)
(='.'=)Please remember...
(")_(")Half the people you know are below average!!!

omio is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 05:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for omio Visit omio's homepage! Find more posts by omio Add omio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Longrifle3006

[ praw tsop gniretne ]

quote:

It's ILLEGAL to not clean the snow off of your car???? What commie state do you live in? How many truck drivers are arrested for not cleaning the trailer off before they drive?
Exactly how is snow on my car DANGEROUS? is the concern that there might be a Yeti hiding in there?

Longrifle3006 is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 06:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Longrifle3006 Find more posts by Longrifle3006 Add Longrifle3006 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Escape2k7
2nd Gear

Here it is not illegal to keep snow on your car in NJ. What is illegal is if snow or ice flys off of your car and damages someones elses car or causes them to get into a serious accident and they get hurt. You will then be liable and wish you had cleant off your car. You also have to make the headlight, taillights, and turn signals visible, and clean off your front, rear windshields, and windows.. or you risk geting a fine or geting into an accident So in the end you do have to clean a majority of the snow off...

How do I know this? Welp...I learned it last week in drivers ed and am top in the class. I'm good like that. Yup....just gotta wait till April 5th for that permit.....I learned that information on snow driving just last week.

Escape2k7 is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 06:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Escape2k7 Find more posts by Escape2k7 Add Escape2k7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
omio
Hyperdrive

In PA, I have seen trucks, cars, vans, and SUVs pulled over for not cleaning the snow off of their vehicles. I had a friend that got a $100 ticket for it.

'02 Red Sport XLT No Boundaries-Borla Cat back-Westin Safari Bar w/ PIAA 520 Fog-Donelly Auto-Dimming/Compass/Temp Mirror-Auto Start-Bug Delfector and Wind Deflectors-Bridgestone Dueller A/T (Revos) - Hate Them

'04 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

(\__/)
(='.'=)Please remember...
(")_(")Half the people you know are below average!!!

omio is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 08:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for omio Visit omio's homepage! Find more posts by omio Add omio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kx90
Platinum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Longrifle3006
It's ILLEGAL to not clean the snow off of your car???? What commie state do you live in? How many truck drivers are arrested for not cleaning the trailer off before they drive?
Exactly how is snow on my car DANGEROUS? is the concern that there might be a Yeti hiding in there?

quote:
Originally posted by omio
In PA, I have seen trucks, cars, vans, and SUVs pulled over for not cleaning the snow off of their vehicles. I had a friend that got a $100 ticket for it.

How isn't it dangerous? I see far too many cars with their headlights, taillights and signal lights covered so that you cannot see them. If that is not illegal or dangerous, then what is the point of having them on a car?

kx90 is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 08:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kx90 Find more posts by kx90 Add kx90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Longrifle3006

[ praw tsop gniretne ]

quote:
How isn't it dangerous? I see far too many cars with their headlights, taillights and signal lights covered so that you cannot see them. If that is not illegal or dangerous, then what is the point of having them on a car?

I wasn't talking about windshield, windows, lights etc....what harm is it if I leave snow on the roof of my Escape?

Longrifle3006 is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 09:11 PM
zman5588
2nd Gear

quote:
Originally posted by omio

Send that cop to my area with a fresh book of tickets!

By the way, I hope you got some closed toe shoes for the winter

zman5588 is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 09:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zman5588 Find more posts by zman5588 Add zman5588 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zman5588
2nd Gear

quote:
Originally posted by Longrifle3006
I wasn't talking about windshield, windows, lights etc....what harm is it if I leave snow on the roof of my Escape?

What happens when you stop and those 12 inches of snow slides over your windshield and you swerve and take out a pole and side swipe another car? Just saw it happen and that's what prompted my post

zman5588 is offline Old Post 01-25-2005 09:28 PM