Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > HOW LONG ...?
. . . Did You Wait ???
This poll is closed.
1 to 3 weeks*** 6 4.32%
4 weeks (at least 28 days) 1 0.72%
5 weeks (at least 35 days) 3 2.16%
6 weeks (42 days or more) 10 7.19%
7 weeks (49+ days) 10 7.19%
8 weeks (56+ days) 25 17.99%
9 weeks (63+ days) 7 5.04%
10 weeks (70+ days) 5 3.60%
11 weeks (77+ days) 4 2.88%
I waited 12 weeks or more (84+ days) for my order 14 10.07%
No time at all, I bought right off the lot. 46 33.09%
My dealer traded with another dealer's in stock to get what I wanted 8 5.76%
Total: 139 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Panero

[shift] 1st Gear!

How Long Did You Wait?

:ff Ford appears to have finally come to their senses and increased production because of the long waits and demand for Escape's. So I'm guessing that the wait times should be decreasing now. How long did everyone have to wait for their Escape (or Tribute) to come in.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Panero is offline Old Post 06-03-2002 06:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Panero Find more posts by Panero Add Panero to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fenrir
[shift] 4th Gear!

I waitied just a couple days over 11 weeks. The wait didn't bother me till the last 2 weeks or so just waiting to get that call.

Borla muffler,Thule roof rack
Catch All mats,Philips bright white bulbs
KKM cold air induction,Lund bug guard
mud flaps,Kenwood 6x9 3 way speakers
Dynamat door insulation
75mm Chrome MAF sensor
Some new pictures of my ride

Fenrir@ameritech.net

fenrir is offline Old Post 06-04-2002 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for fenrir Find more posts by fenrir Add fenrir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
O-Ranger
= Premier Member =

My dealer started in with the "We can't deal 'cause we can't keep 'em on the lot." routine. I informed him that the 'Scape I wanted had been collecting dust on the lot for 30 days, that I knew of. He decided to negotiate (all the way to closing time) and I took it home the next day.

O-Ranger is offline Old Post 06-04-2002 03:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for O-Ranger Visit O-Ranger's homepage! Find more posts by O-Ranger Add O-Ranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ugasteve
New Member!

Bought mine straight off the lot. Used the Xplan (which i found on here, thank you to whoever put a link to the form) got what I thought was a good deal and drove away happy that night.

ugasteve is offline Old Post 06-05-2002 10:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ugasteve Find more posts by ugasteve Add ugasteve to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little Vader
New Member!

Ditto...Bought mine straight off the lot. My wife and I also used the XPlan to buy our Midnight Escape
...saw "Little Vader" on Monday and was driving him home on Tuesday.

Class III Draw-tite Trailer Hitch
Lighted FORD Trailer Hitch Cover
OEM Aero wrap Bug Shield
OEM Black Plastic Sill Plates

Little Vader is offline Old Post 06-09-2002 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Little Vader Find more posts by Little Vader Add Little Vader to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SKEscaper
New Member!

Angry

AAAARRRRGGGHH. Still waiting here for my DSG Sport after 8 weeks. I know its really not THAT long, but it seems like an eternity!! To make matters worse, the local dealer that had one of these on their lot sold it yesterday so I can't drive by and gawk at it anymore. However, this Thursday is Ford's scheduled delivery date for mine, so we'll see how things are in 3 days. Keeping my fingers crossed!

SKEscaper is offline Old Post 06-10-2002 07:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SKEscaper Find more posts by SKEscaper Add SKEscaper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SKEscaper
New Member!

Talking WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

:j :g
Well, in complete contrast to my earlier post, IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!

The dealer just phoned me and let me know that my Escape is in and ready to go. Man, talk about an excited little camper today!

SKEscaper is offline Old Post 06-10-2002 11:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SKEscaper Find more posts by SKEscaper Add SKEscaper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2k2Tribute
500 Posts!! Welcome To
Platinum Membership !!!

I saw it at 11 Am was in it on the way home at 3pm

Gone-2k2 Tribute ES-V6 4WD + Luxury Package, Towing Package, Side Airbags, all weather mats.
2k5 Lexus RX330 (Tribby replacement)

2k2Tribute is offline Old Post 07-31-2002 09:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2k2Tribute Visit 2k2Tribute's homepage! Find more posts by 2k2Tribute Add 2k2Tribute to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cutter78
Platinum Member

i walked on the lot at 11 am took it for a test drive and was driving it home by 1pm

02 XLS 4x4 V6 Ford Escape
True Metallic Blue
15" Aluminium Rims

Performance Mods: KKM Cool Air Intake, Advanced Timing, Raybesto’s High Performance Brake Pads

Stereo Mods: Alpine Bass Engine Plus 7893 Head Unit, Clarion 400watt/4 Channel Amp, 2 Pioneer 3 way 6 1/2" speakers mounted in hatch, 2 Boston Acoustics 6x8 NX 87 speakers in rear doors, 2 Boston Acoustics 6x8 Drivers in front doors w/ tweeters and crossovers in front door sail panels

Security: 2 Stage perimeter alarm w/ impact sensors, Dual Blue LED alarm indicators, Automatic Starter, Force tracker

Apperance Mods: OEM Fog Lights, OEM low profile bug deflector, 3rd brake light "Escape" brake overlay, Woodview 13 piece Polished silver dash kit, “Powered by Ford” seat belt pads, Wheelskins Eurotone Black/Cobalt, BlueChrome/silver brake handle cover, Xracing catch all mats Front and Rear Black/Neon Blue, Ford emblem w/ lighting on rear hatch exterior, Xenon Blue Headlights, Neon Blue Interior Dome Lights, Neon Blue APC Speedglo Pedals, Neon Blue Driving Lights, Neon Blue Windshield washer lights, Piaa Plasma Blue License plate lights, Street Glow Interior blacklights in front and rear and map pockets Chrome: Door Guards Wheel Wells,Bumper Inserts, License Plates,4x4 Badges on rear quarter panels,OEM Rain Guards Front and Rear, OEM Stainless Steel Escape Scuff Plates, 5% Window tinting in rear windows

http://www.cardomain.com/id/culby78

cutter78 is offline Old Post 07-31-2002 12:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cutter78 Visit cutter78's homepage! Find more posts by cutter78 Add cutter78 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick Zeman
Hyperdrive

Without ever having seen it, we called the salesman who had it cleaned up and waiting for us when we arrived after work one evening. Took it for a test drive (not my first one of an Escape), came back, thrashed out the price, and came to a good agreement.
Left it there that night for them to do the dealer prep and undercoating and picked it up the next evening. Very, very pleasant. (Jerry's Ford in Annandale, VA, for you DC denizens.)
It really helped that we had bought an Explorer there 5 weeks before...which was fun because they wanted to sell it MUCH more than we wanted to buy it.

Rick Zeman is offline Old Post 12-10-2002 03:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rick Zeman Find more posts by Rick Zeman Add Rick Zeman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
escape4ever
Managing Editor

I ordered mine April 19th 2000 and it arrive on Sept 22 nd and ready for pickup on Sept 25th 2001. 5 months and 6 days.

Now they didn't actually start to build the Cdn Escapes until August of 2000 so I guess I can't complain.

Anyone order their Escapes prior to April 19th, 2000?

Gary

Toreador Red XLT Escape, Westin Safari Bar and Hella Lights, Ford Rear Spoiler, Ford Bug guard, Ford moulded splash guards, Cross Terrain Tires, Cloud Rider Chrome Grille, Donnelly Mirror auto dimmer, compass/temperature readouts & map lights. Specialized license plate, GPS and cell phone holder, Husky front floor liners, Walmart short black antenna, stainless steel door sills, chrome rear tailgate handle, Magnaflow stainless steel exhaust tip, GE886 50 watt fog replacements, Philips Vision Plus headlamp bulbs (H4), 50 watt replacement back up bulbs.

escape4ever is offline Old Post 12-16-2002 09:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for escape4ever Visit escape4ever's homepage! Find more posts by escape4ever Add escape4ever to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote