Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
PERSONALIZE your Escape!
> MODIFICATIONS > Grillifications!!!
Would You Put a Custom Grill On Your Escape/Tribute?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes! I wouldn't mind having a customized look 194 46.08%
No - I don't like the way custom grills look 17 4.04%
Nope - I like the way my grill looks now & won't change it 96 22.80%
Yes - but I'm waiting for better grill styles to come out 86 20.43%
Nah - They are too expensive or complicated to install 16 3.80%
Other (what?) 12 2.85%
Total: 421 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (13): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WhatsNew
News and Info

Grillifications !!!

Has anyone replaced their Escape or Tribute's grill with a custom one?

WatchDevil's Escape "427" Grill !!!
____
Click above picture for fullsize view!

Street Scenes Diamond Aluminum Grill

escape4ever's Cloud-Rider grill

Cloud rider grill logo up close

J-Jent.com Stainless Steel Escape Grill

PDM Billet Chrome Grill For Escapes

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WhatsNew is offline Old Post 09-25-2002 06:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhatsNew Visit WhatsNew's homepage! Find more posts by WhatsNew Add WhatsNew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jnrz
1st Gear

Talking NEW Chrome Grill

Awsome new grill....check it out...

http://www.j-jent.com/images/new_pr...d_escape_lg.jpg

jnrz is offline Old Post 09-25-2002 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jnrz Find more posts by jnrz Add jnrz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Canadian scape
Uber Escapist!

Nice, I'm thinking of getting the 3 piece one from E&G.

Canadian scape is offline Old Post 09-25-2002 10:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Canadian scape Find more posts by Canadian scape Add Canadian scape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lefty53
New Member!

Did you put it on yourself? The reason I ask is that I have one from wheelhorse thats similar to that and it says that I have to remove the front bumper/light assembly. I cannot figure out how to get the lights out. "Too cute ute" says that that isn't necessary tho. He just took out the factory grille and I don't see how to remove it either. Help Please!!!!!!!

lefty53 is offline Old Post 09-25-2002 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lefty53 Find more posts by lefty53 Add lefty53 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jnrz
1st Gear

I don't actually ahve the grill, but it bolts through the stock grill, you don't have to remove anything.
go here for more info.

http://www.j-jent.com/

jnrz is offline Old Post 09-26-2002 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jnrz Find more posts by jnrz Add jnrz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ove1
Platinum Overdrive

quote:
Originally posted by lefty53
Did you put it on yourself? The reason I ask is that I have one from wheelhorse thats similar to that and it says that I have to remove the front bumper/light assembly. I cannot figure out how to get the lights out. "Too cute ute" says that that isn't necessary tho. He just took out the factory grille and I don't see how to remove it either. Help Please!!!!!!!

The tech service CD provides the following steps for removal of the bumper cover and radiator grill:

* Remove 6 pin-type retainers (3 each side, front of wheel well).
* Remove 4 front bumper cover bolts (2 each side bottom of wheel well).
* Remove 2 front bumper cover to front fender pin-type retainers (1 each side).
* If equipped, disconnect the fog lamp connectors.
* Remove the 3 lower front bumper cover bolts (bottom of bumper cover).
* Remove 2 pin-type retainers (top of lowest grill opening).
* Remove the 2 upper front bumper cover bolts (1 each side - top of bumper cover).
* Remove bumper cover.
* Release the 9 clips and remove the radiator grill from the bumper cover.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually tried this and don't plan to.

ove1 is offline Old Post 09-26-2002 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ove1 Find more posts by ove1 Add ove1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
escape4ever
Managing Editor

Canadian scape have you noticed the "Cloudrider" grille that Evan and I have on our Escape's. It is quite inexpensive and installs in under five minutes.

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/grou...rc=gr%26.view=t

Gary

Toreador Red XLT Escape, Westin Safari Bar and Hella Lights, Ford Rear Spoiler, Ford Bug guard, Ford moulded splash guards, Cross Terrain Tires, Cloud Rider Chrome Grille, Donnelly Mirror auto dimmer, compass/temperature readouts & map lights. Specialized license plate, GPS and cell phone holder, Husky front floor liners, Walmart short black antenna, stainless steel door sills, chrome rear tailgate handle, Magnaflow stainless steel exhaust tip, GE886 50 watt fog replacements, Philips Vision Plus headlamp bulbs (H4), 50 watt replacement back up bulbs.

escape4ever is offline Old Post 09-26-2002 03:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for escape4ever Visit escape4ever's homepage! Find more posts by escape4ever Add escape4ever to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Canadian scape
Uber Escapist!

Sorry Gary Document Not Found on your link.

Canadian scape is offline Old Post 09-26-2002 03:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Canadian scape Find more posts by Canadian scape Add Canadian scape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
too cute ute
Ooh La La! 1000 Posts !!
The Humpin' Hula Award

quote:
Originally posted by lefty53
"Too cute ute" says that that isn't necessary tho. He just took out the factory grille

Hey, what self respecting guy would go by the name too cute ute. All women here. The grille just unbolted on the top sides. Has clips on the bottom. I don't remember if it had screws on the top or not. It does now as my new grille required cutting the top off the old one and attaching it to the new one. Came out really quickly. Maybe your new grille has to hook in a different way.

too cute ute is offline Old Post 09-26-2002 04:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for too cute ute Find more posts by too cute ute Add too cute ute to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
escape4ever
Managing Editor

Canadian scape look at this site: http://escape4ever.freehomepage.com/ choose photo page, then scroll to the right and down to almost the bottom. You will see Evan's and my front grille.

Gary

Toreador Red XLT Escape, Westin Safari Bar and Hella Lights, Ford Rear Spoiler, Ford Bug guard, Ford moulded splash guards, Cross Terrain Tires, Cloud Rider Chrome Grille, Donnelly Mirror auto dimmer, compass/temperature readouts & map lights. Specialized license plate, GPS and cell phone holder, Husky front floor liners, Walmart short black antenna, stainless steel door sills, chrome rear tailgate handle, Magnaflow stainless steel exhaust tip, GE886 50 watt fog replacements, Philips Vision Plus headlamp bulbs (H4), 50 watt replacement back up bulbs.

escape4ever is offline Old Post 09-26-2002 05:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for escape4ever Visit escape4ever's homepage! Find more posts by escape4ever Add escape4ever to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEHR655
Managing Editor

quote:
Originally posted by escape4ever
Canadian scape look at this site: http://escape4ever.freehomepage.com/ choose photo page, then scroll to the right and down to almost the bottom. You will see Evan's and my front grille.

Gary

Gary, Wow! Great pictures! You know, every time is see your pix with that beautiful scenery in the backround I get a little jealous. So I decided to take my Escape on a little journey to see how it would look with the same backround. Ahhhhh.............looks like it belongs there.

BEHR655 is offline Old Post 09-26-2002 06:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BEHR655 Find more posts by BEHR655 Add BEHR655 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
escape4ever
Managing Editor

I laughed out loud Behr. My wife thought I was losing it.

Your Escape looks good in that picture, but my T-Red looks great.

Thanks for the laugh.

Gary

escape4ever is offline Old Post 09-26-2002 06:43 AM
lefty53
New Member!

thanks all for the info. I am going to pull out the cd and have a looksee. Will let you know how it turns out!

lefty53 is offline Old Post 09-26-2002 07:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lefty53 Find more posts by lefty53 Add lefty53 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Canadian scape
Uber Escapist!

That grill looks great escape4ever, did you get it in Canada or did you have to order it from the US?
And how about that crome rear lift handle?

You've got a nice rig there!

Canadian scape is offline Old Post 09-26-2002 07:46 PM