Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > The New Look Of Ford! -- F150 Revealed (Pics)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WhatsNew
News and Info

Ford shows off new F-150 pickup

Built Ford Tough ... again !!!
Ford Shows Off
New F-150 Pickup Trucks

America's best-selling vehicle is reborn looking tough outside, feeling cozy inside.

Today Ford revealed an all-new version of the F-Series, which has been America's best-selling vehicle for 21 years. Underscoring its importance, Ford Chairman and Chief Executive Bill Ford Jr. heralded the truck as "the most successful vehicle in the history of automobiles" during a recent media preview.

_______
"Nothing has been more central to our success or more important to us than the F-Series," Ford said. It has been seven years since the last launch of a redesigned version of the F-150, and the company acknowledges that the fast-growing U.S. pickup market has changed significantly since then.

The incoming and outgoing generations of Ford's legendary
truck strike similar poses: Ford F-150 Built Ford Tough!

On Staying Number One...
To reinvent the industry leader, a process Ford has likened to that of an Olympic athlete training to shatter previous records, the company pulled out all the stops to ensure that the V8-powered vehicle looks tougher than ever, while also offering more room and towing capacity and best-in-class levels of interior comfort.

"You don't have any trouble identifying the Ford tough DNA," said J Mays, Ford's design director. Auto enthusiasts could spend hours cataloging all the changes Ford has made in the F-150, from its chassis and steering system to bigger passenger and interior storage compartments.

____

Perhaps most interesting, from a marketing standpoint however, is the fact that the truck will offer the industry's widest variety of body and trim configurations, with five different F-150 packages featuring three different box lengths and two distinct box styles. All will come with four doors, of one size or another.

(C) WhatsNew @ Escape-Central
RELATED TOPICS:
The New Look Of Ford: Next Escape Design? (Pics)
The New Look Of Ford: Freestyle Update
The New Look Of Ford: First Official MUSTANG Pics

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WhatsNew is offline Old Post 01-05-2003 04:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhatsNew Visit WhatsNew's homepage! Find more posts by WhatsNew Add WhatsNew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2k2Tribute
500 Posts!! Welcome To
Platinum Membership !!!

The New Look Of Ford! -- F150 Revealed (Pics)

The new F-150 in nanner yellow

2k2Tribute is offline Old Post 01-05-2003 09:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2k2Tribute Visit 2k2Tribute's homepage! Find more posts by 2k2Tribute Add 2k2Tribute to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IamSPDRCR
Uber Escapist

There just dropping the name no biggie. When Ford started making trucks they were called the f-1 pickup in the 40's-50's then they changed to the f-100 in the mid fifty's. Then the truck took on the f-150 moniker in the 60's. It's just a name change.

I can take the heat cause I'm the other white meat!

IamSPDRCR is offline Old Post 01-05-2003 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IamSPDRCR Find more posts by IamSPDRCR Add IamSPDRCR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UALCE04
Platinum Member

Shocked no one here has mentioned the FLOOR SHIFTER...lol

Drivers Seat Heater
Chrome Ford OEM Door Sills
Chrome Taiwan Liftgate Handle
Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip
Ford Bronze Remote Starter Kit

UALCE04 is offline Old Post 01-06-2003 12:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UALCE04 Visit UALCE04's homepage! Find more posts by UALCE04 Add UALCE04 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xyber233
1st Gear

I like it, especially the interior and the floor shifter !

xyber233 is offline Old Post 01-06-2003 01:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xyber233 Find more posts by xyber233 Add xyber233 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ecape1401
Platinum Member

Guys seen the new 2004 F-150 Lightning?

Guys seen the new 2004 F-150 Lightning?

2001 Bright Red Ford Escape XLS+
Euro Style Antenna, Insulated Door Panels, Chrome Safari Bar, Hella 500 Rally Driving Lights, Ford Escape Decal, Upgraded Fog Lights, Chrome Bumper Trim Inserts, Chrome Escape Rear Tail Gate, 4 Rockford HPC 2268's, MagnaFlow Tip, American Eagle 077's Polished, Lund Bug Deflector, NAPA Cabin Air Filter, 100W bulbs

ecape1401 is offline Old Post 01-06-2003 05:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ecape1401 Visit ecape1401's homepage! Find more posts by ecape1401 Add ecape1401 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzgloves20
Platinum Member

Hey Scapee, you might get me to convert to Nanner Yellow on that ride...lol....

I'm glad they are changing the looks... I HATE the current F-150 style....looks like a Focus with an 8ft bed....

"Undivided"

'02 True Blue Xlt
Weathertech window deflectors
Goodyear Fortera HL tires
Sport Edition "Tekno" rims
Body by Zaino

mzgloves20 is offline Old Post 01-06-2003 06:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mzgloves20 Find more posts by mzgloves20 Add mzgloves20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spork
Platinum Member

:j :g This new design kicks A**!!!! :g :j

With those looks I predict the good ole Blue Oval will continue to rule and the Chevy boys will be bringing up the rear for a few more years. And here is yet another indication that Ford has decided to go with more sporty interior designs with the floor mounted shifters. Kudos to Ford and the man (JMays) I'm likin' this guy more and more as I see his design direction.

Proud Owner:
- 2002 Escape XLT Sport Edition
- Dark Shadow Grey Metallic
- MACH Audio W/6 Disc CD

Lookin' for:
- Boom Booster
- 17 inch Wheel/Tire combo

Spork is offline Old Post 01-06-2003 06:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spork Find more posts by Spork Add Spork to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NzDeV
500 Posts!! Welcome To
Platinum Membership !!!

Has Ford said anything about what these new trucks will cost?

NzDeV is offline Old Post 01-06-2003 09:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NzDeV Find more posts by NzDeV Add NzDeV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ericson12
2nd Gear

When I saw these pictures I called my dad and told him to look online at them. He immediately asked me to print up full color copies for him since he doesn't have a printer at home. I guess that's a good sign as to what he'll be buying next and it means we'll have 2 Ford trucks in the family.

Ericson12 is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ericson12 Find more posts by Ericson12 Add Ericson12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jens2002xlt
Platinum Member

I like the F-150's and the new pictures too! My favorite has to be red though!

Bugshield II
Alpine CDA9807 head unit
Alpine SPS570A speakers
Michelin Cross Terrain SUV Tires
Escape third brake light cover

jens2002xlt is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 03:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jens2002xlt Find more posts by jens2002xlt Add jens2002xlt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustJerk
Platinum Member

Here is the Chevy version that will try to compete! Look at the front end it's huge! I like it! Those fatties are looking cool!

MODS

WetherTech WeatherFlectors
WeatherTech Easy-OnTM Stone and Bug Deflector
Clear Side Markers
DIY - Interior Bike Rack
DIY - Main & Lower Grille Guard
DIY - Cabin Air Filter
Cee Bailey's Sunshields
Evolution 4 Car Cover
Chrome Tribute License Plate Holder
3rd Brake light cover
12" Polished Billet Antenna
Decals - Mazda, Zoom-Zoom, American Flag, No Fear, Jerk Inside, NY Giants Helmet, NY Giants Logo, BigBlueTailgate.com, 4X4, and more

Jest- something done or said in a playful joking manner

JustJerk is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 07:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JustJerk Visit JustJerk's homepage! Find more posts by JustJerk Add JustJerk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwescapexlt4x4
Platinum Member

Location: Avondale, AZ - **- 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 4x4 luxury Edition-**

quote:
Originally posted by JustJerk
Here is the Chevy version that will try to compete! Look at the front end it's huge! I like it! Those fatties are looking cool!

That HAS to win the award for ONE of the most B U T T FUGLY designs i have seen.... YIKES..
Sorry guys.. but me no like.. the wife even was like.. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT??

Replaced 2001 Ford Escape XLT V6 4x4 Dark Highland Green

'01 Focus Wagon SE 2.0L 16V Zetec

cwescapexlt4x4 is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 08:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwescapexlt4x4 Visit cwescapexlt4x4's homepage! Find more posts by cwescapexlt4x4 Add cwescapexlt4x4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikepro
Ooh La La! 1000 Posts !!
The Humpin' Hula Award

Wow, check out the rake on that front windshield. It looks pretty bizzare, like the top was squashed down because thr front is so big.

mikepro is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 10:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mikepro Find more posts by mikepro Add mikepro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote