Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > NEWS: The New Look Of Ford: FREESTYLE Update!!! (Pics)
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WhatsNew
News and Info

Ford FreeStyle & Ford Model U Photos

Not a Car... Not a Truck
Ford Makes Splash
__ ...with Crossovers

The Ford FreeStyle FX:
While the proposed Model U Crosssover (see below) is a concept car that may be years away from reality, this design, the Freestyle FX, is destined for production in the upcoming year. The Freestyle FX is the big blue oval's answer to a flurry of crossover vehicles being introduced in the American marketplace but this time with design & styling from the company that currently dominates the US consumer truck segment.

____
The Freestyle FX sports a retractable roof on its rearmost portion that allows the car to go from carrying six passengers to carrying bulking cargo.

"It offers the looks of an SUV... the capacity and flexibility of a minivan and the security of all-wheel drive," said Chris Theodore, Ford vice president of product development in North America

The Ford Model U

Today at the Detroit auto show Ford reveals a couple of significant crossover prototypes. The "Model U", a not so subtle reference to the legendary Model T Henry Ford launched in the early part of the 20th century is the first of these. Unlike its predecessor, however, the Model U was designed to address the needs of a new century more concerned with energy conservation and preservation of natural resources.

Ford says the Ford Model U is the all-new concept vehicle designed to be a catalyst for change. The environmentally-responsible, Focus-based SUV features could revolutionize the industry in the next 100 years. The Model U suggests an alternative burning gasoline by burning Hydrogen, a cleaner and more efficient alternative. What’s more, Model U features night vision technology for collision avoidance and a natural speech interface for navigation. Model U just might be the new industry standard.

To that end, the Model U...

... is powered by a hydrogen-powered internal combustion that Ford says emits air cleaner than it takes in. It also uses a canvas roof made from corn, uses sunflower oil in its engine and features a soy-based tailgate.

(c) WhatsNew @ Escape-Central.com
RELATED TOPICS:
The New Look Of Ford: Next Escape Design? (Pics)
The New Look Of Ford! -- F150 Revealed
The New Look Of Ford: First Official MUSTANG Pics

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WhatsNew is offline Old Post 01-06-2003 07:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhatsNew Visit WhatsNew's homepage! Find more posts by WhatsNew Add WhatsNew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustJerk
Platinum Member

Update Pics Of Freestyle FX

MODS

WetherTech WeatherFlectors
WeatherTech Easy-OnTM Stone and Bug Deflector
Clear Side Markers
DIY - Interior Bike Rack
DIY - Main & Lower Grille Guard
DIY - Cabin Air Filter
Cee Bailey's Sunshields
Evolution 4 Car Cover
Chrome Tribute License Plate Holder
3rd Brake light cover
12" Polished Billet Antenna
Decals - Mazda, Zoom-Zoom, American Flag, No Fear, Jerk Inside, NY Giants Helmet, NY Giants Logo, BigBlueTailgate.com, 4X4, and more

Jest- something done or said in a playful joking manner

JustJerk is offline Old Post 01-06-2003 08:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JustJerk Visit JustJerk's homepage! Find more posts by JustJerk Add JustJerk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustJerk
Platinum Member

MODS

Clear Side Markers
DIY - Interior Bike Rack
DIY - Cabin Air Filter
Cee Bailey's Sunshields
Evolution 4 Car Cover
3rd Brake light cover
Decals - Mazda, Zoom-Zoom, American Flag, No Fear, Jerk Inside, NY Giants Helmet, NY Giants Logo, BigBlueTailgate.com, 4X4, and more

JustJerk is offline Old Post 01-06-2003 08:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JustJerk Visit JustJerk's homepage! Find more posts by JustJerk Add JustJerk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eescape
[shift] 3rd Gear!

looks like a suv\wagon\mini-van combo.

eescape is offline Old Post 01-06-2003 08:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eescape Visit eescape's homepage! Find more posts by eescape Add eescape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UALCE04
Platinum Member

Damn! Is it for, or has Ford hit the nail on the head with these up-and-comming interiors! The F-150 and that one just look amazing. The floor shifter, textured steering wheels, round light switch, and chrome plated gauges, looks (almost) like an Audi!

BTW - Gotta love the clear corners on that car!

Drivers Seat Heater
Chrome Ford OEM Door Sills
Chrome Taiwan Liftgate Handle
Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip
Ford Bronze Remote Starter Kit

UALCE04 is offline Old Post 01-06-2003 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UALCE04 Visit UALCE04's homepage! Find more posts by UALCE04 Add UALCE04 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ericson12
2nd Gear

Unhappy

Is that really supposed to be based on the Volvo XC90? It looks much lower to me. Too low in my opinion.

I'll stick with my Escape.

Ericson12 is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 04:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ericson12 Find more posts by Ericson12 Add Ericson12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jens2002xlt
Platinum Member

quote:
Originally posted by eescape
looks like a suv\wagon\mini-van combo.

I agree.

Bugshield II
Alpine CDA9807 head unit
Alpine SPS570A speakers
Michelin Cross Terrain SUV Tires
Escape third brake light cover

jens2002xlt is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 04:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jens2002xlt Find more posts by jens2002xlt Add jens2002xlt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffnf
Platinum Member

Looks like you can change this thing from sedan looking to truck looking to wagon looking by changing pieces on the back end. Cool!

jeffnf is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffnf Find more posts by jeffnf Add jeffnf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bzcat
Platinum Member

The interior is really nice. I hope Ford doesn't change a thing. Looks like Ford will have the best interior if they stick with these designs.

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

bzcat is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 10:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bzcat Visit bzcat's homepage! Find more posts by bzcat Add bzcat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustJerk
Platinum Member

I'm all for the new design. If they keep that design; it just might make me trade mine in for a newer model. Umm, do I stick w/ Mazda or change over to Ford to join the crowd.

MODS

Clear Side Markers
DIY - Interior Bike Rack
DIY - Cabin Air Filter
Cee Bailey's Sunshields
Evolution 4 Car Cover
3rd Brake light cover

JustJerk is offline Old Post 01-08-2003 12:30 AM
damedoer
2nd Gear

They will probably change the interiors. If you look at the prototype of the first year Escape, we have never seen one released exactly like that. They have come close with the sport but still not the same with the headlights and skid plates.

damedoer is offline Old Post 01-08-2003 12:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for damedoer Find more posts by damedoer Add damedoer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mi-escape
Platinum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jeffnf
Looks like you can change this thing from sedan looking to truck looking to wagon looking by changing pieces on the back end. Cool!

Jeffnf,

You don't change the peices. The roof actually remotely retracts or moves out. As far as I know and have heard this is all from the dash.

MI-Escape

mi-escape is offline Old Post 01-08-2003 12:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mi-escape Find more posts by mi-escape Add mi-escape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03EscapeXLT
Uber Escapist!

I like the interior but I'm not too sure about the Exterior. Maybe there will be another model of it at the San Jose Auto show when I go this weekend.

My Explorer Sport

03EscapeXLT is offline Old Post 01-08-2003 04:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 03EscapeXLT Find more posts by 03EscapeXLT Add 03EscapeXLT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mahelinski

[shift] 1st Gear!

Lightbulb Freestyle FX

The FX looks very, very similar to the Suburu Lagacy Wagon and its retro Baja.

2002 Ford Escape XLT
Everything but Side Air Bags

mahelinski is offline Old Post 01-09-2003 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mahelinski Find more posts by mahelinski Add mahelinski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote