Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > Ford's new SUV: Next ESCAPE Design? (Pics!!!)
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WhatsNew
News and Info

Ford's New Look Small SUV (Pics!!!)

<a href="http://escape-central.com">Ford Escape</a>
Revealed !!!
FORD's All-New FACTION Concept!!!

_________________Ford Faction Prototype
<a href="http://escape-central.com">Ford Escape</a>
Here are the first official photos of the Ford Faction concept being unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The Faction included a Duratec ST engine and Estimated torque of 143 lb.-ft. Ford says "The interior layout follows the philosophy of uncluttered, functional simplicity."

"The whole rear section of the roof is a glass panel, which gives a feeling of openness to the inside. When more cargo room is needed, the rear bench seat can be lowered with a single-switch retraction system.

Additional functionality comes from a unique storage tray that slides in and out of the cargo area and can be used right-side up or up-side down, depending on package and luggage needs.".

(c) WhatsNew @ Escape-Central.com
RELATED TOPICS:
The New Look Of Ford: All-New F150 Revealed!
The New Look Of Ford: Freestyle Crossover Vehicle (Pics)
The New Look Of Ford: First Official MUSTANG Pics

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WhatsNew is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 04:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhatsNew Visit WhatsNew's homepage! Find more posts by WhatsNew Add WhatsNew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jens2002xlt
Platinum Member

It's different but I like it.

Bugshield II
Alpine CDA9807 head unit
Alpine SPS570A speakers
Michelin Cross Terrain SUV Tires
Escape third brake light cover

jens2002xlt is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 04:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jens2002xlt Find more posts by jens2002xlt Add jens2002xlt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEHR655
Managing Editor

Profile is nice. Front end is UGLY. Interior is strange but interesting.

BEHR655 is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 04:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BEHR655 Find more posts by BEHR655 Add BEHR655 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dizzee
[shift] 4th Gear!

It will make a great car for everyone who likes to put the bass in the back. Looks like lots of room in the rear for stuff. I can just imagine the aftermarket companies will have a field day with it.

dizzee is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 06:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dizzee Find more posts by dizzee Add dizzee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spork
Platinum Member

Wink I'm Just Suppose'nnnnn...

1st-ly: Anyone notice that there are a few design theme similarities between this new Ford SUV and the Audi TT... (look at the overall "feel", look at dem lights & the way the fenders blend into the wheelwells etc)

2nd-ly: Do y'all remember how Audi kinda started it's design resurgence with the TT prototypes they started sending on the car show circuit with the TT leading the way breaking new ground?

3rd-ly: Y'all realize there is one Mr. JMays now workin' his design chops over at Ford (as head design honcho no less) and that same JMays came o'er heres from the Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche conglomerate (big word-where's vocab man )

You see where I'm goin' with this..?

Well, maybe not...

Point is, there any chance that this similarly Ford's way of testing the waters for a new design theme and direction for our Scapes? This new truck sure don't look like any other current Ford family truck design (lookit, even the new CrossTracker thing has that Ford Truck family resemblance).

Add a 2nd set of doors and that Faction's stance above & sizewise would be lookin' like something I've seen before...

Proud Owner:
- 2002 Escape XLT Sport Edition
- Dark Shadow Grey Metallic
- MACH Audio W/6 Disc CD

Lookin' for:
- Boom Booster
- 17 inch Wheel/Tire combo

Spork is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 07:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spork Find more posts by Spork Add Spork to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eescape
[shift] 3rd Gear!

Something about it reminds me of the focus. The two door would never be good for me, but overall i like it.

eescape is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 07:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eescape Visit eescape's homepage! Find more posts by eescape Add eescape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scapee
Platinum Overdrive

Re: I'm Just Suppose'nnnnn...

quote:
Originally posted by Spork
(big word-where's vocab man )

Big word you are looking for is BAUHOUS - a radical German design movement from the early 1900s. They were big on moderism, hand crafting, and streamlined designs. They did some beautiful work back then and are still active - as shows in all of VWs corporate products. If it sells well, it's worth reviving and copying (to excess). The TT is pretty much a pure Bauhous design and shows why the movement is still alive.

Scapee is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scapee Find more posts by Scapee Add Scapee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mminnig
Neutral

to clarify...

I'm so glad to see someone else noticed the obvious Audi styling cues!

In a "round-about" way, I couldn't agree more with the Bauhaus comparison either! However, just to clarify, the Bauhaus movement has been around a heck of a lot longer than the early 90's...

mminnig is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mminnig Visit mminnig's homepage! Find more posts by mminnig Add mminnig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mminnig
Neutral

ok, I'm an idiot

Sorry 'bout that... somehow my eyes saw 1900's, but my brain read 1990's!

My apologies!

mminnig is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 09:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mminnig Visit mminnig's homepage! Find more posts by mminnig Add mminnig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bzcat
Platinum Member

I was at the LA Autoshow and saw this car. It is one of the best excuted concepts at LA Autoshow. If Ford ever made a 2 door Escape, this would be it. Also I like the overall design theme (maybe not the front end... need to tone it down) so thumbs up on Ford if this is what future Escape will look like.

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

bzcat is offline Old Post 01-07-2003 10:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bzcat Visit bzcat's homepage! Find more posts by bzcat Add bzcat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NzDeV
500 Posts!! Welcome To
Platinum Membership !!!

quote:
Originally posted by bzcat
I was at the LA Autoshow and saw this car. It is one of the best excuted concepts at LA Autoshow. If Ford ever made a 2 door Escape, this would be it. Also I like the overall design theme (maybe not the front end... need to tone it down) so thumbs up on Ford if this is what future Escape will look like.

How tall is it? Is it high like our Escapes or is it lower like a Subaru/car?

I give 2 thumbs up on the styling, I like everything about the front end except for the orange highlight trim in the headlights which I bet won't make it to production.

NzDeV is offline Old Post 01-08-2003 01:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NzDeV Find more posts by NzDeV Add NzDeV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
notme
2nd Gear

it looks like an Axiom .

notme is offline Old Post 01-08-2003 01:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for notme Find more posts by notme Add notme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dizzee
[shift] 4th Gear!

Re: Re: I'm Just Suppose'nnnnn...

quote:
Originally posted by Scapee

Big word you are looking for is BAUHOUS -

Don't mean to correct you Scapee, but it is Bauhaus. Trust me on this one, I have been studying that type of German design for about 6 years now in Architecture. I better know a little something about it.

Just thought you would want to know.

dizzee is offline Old Post 01-08-2003 04:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dizzee Find more posts by dizzee Add dizzee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scapee
Platinum Overdrive

Oooooops. Open foot, isert mouth. Still, even misspelled, they do some nice stuff.

Scapee is offline Old Post 01-08-2003 06:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Scapee Find more posts by Scapee Add Scapee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote