Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > NEWS: Mercury's Escape Named MARINER!!! (Pics)
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WhatsNew
News and Info

Arrow BREAKING NEWS: Mercury's Escape Named MARINER!!! (Pics)

Escape Gets A Cousin
Ford Announces Mercury Mariner

quote:

Just announced at the New York Autoshow: Ford Motor Co. plans to extend their small SUV family by creating a Lincoln-Mercury version of the Escape!

Mariner will be Lincoln-Mercury's entry-level SUV. It is one of four new vehicles Mercury will introduce in the next three years. The others are: the Monterey minivan, the Montego sedan and a new mid-size sedan.

___
Photos of the new Mercury Mariner and Escape HEV interiors.
. . . Both feature floor mounted shifters.

The Lincoln/Mercury's interior is meant to appeal to a more conservative crowd as the target customer market for the new Mariner is some 15 years older than the average Ford Escape owner. has wood grain, satin aluminum and chrome accents. It also has a floor-mounted shifter, which has a chrome surround and a satin aluminum shift knob.

Some quick facts...

• The 2005 Mercury Mariner SUV is Mercury's version of the Ford Escape.
  • The 2005 Mariner will be produced at Ford's Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake
  • The new SUV goes on sale in late 2004 as a 2005 model.

Lincoln will offer its production Mariner with front-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive. The engines offered will be a 2.3-liter, I-4 and a 3.0-liter, V-6. The Mariner concept's wheels are cast aluminum with a satin finish.

(c) WhatsNew @ Escape-Central.com
New Designs From Ford:
The New Look Of Ford: First Official MUSTANG Pics
The New Look Of Ford: Next Escape Design? (Pics)
The New Look Of Ford! -- F150 Revealed

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WhatsNew is offline Old Post 04-16-2003 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhatsNew Visit WhatsNew's homepage! Find more posts by WhatsNew Add WhatsNew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ford Tek
500 Posts!! Welcome To
Platinum Membership !!!

Mercury Mariner

Here's some pics of the Mercury Mariner.

Story:

The 2005 Mercury Mariner SUV is Mercury's version of the Ford Escape.

The 2005 Mercury Mariner, which will be produced at Ford's Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake, goes on sale in late 2004.

Mariner will be Lincoln-Mercury's entry-level SUV. It is one of four new vehicles Mercury will introduce in the next three years. The others are: the Monterey minivan, the Montego sedan and a new mid-size sedan.

The interior has wood grain, satin aluminum and chrome accents. It also has a floor-mounted shifter, which has a chrome surround and a satin aluminum shift knob.

Lincoln will offer its production Mariner with front-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive. The engines offered will be a 2.3-liter, I-4 and a 3.0-liter, V-6.

The Mariner concept's wheels are cast aluminum with a satin finish.

Ford Tek is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 05:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ford Tek Find more posts by Ford Tek Add Ford Tek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
damedoer
2nd Gear

A very nicely modded Escape !!! I like the look of the Mariner, and the interior improvements are great! But I am sure the increase on price tag will be there also!

damedoer is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 05:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for damedoer Find more posts by damedoer Add damedoer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SullyND

Old Post 04-17-2003 05:46 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
proc
New Member!

The Mercury Mariner

From todays Detroit News...pretty cool

Article with Mariner pic

proc is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 05:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for proc Visit proc's homepage! Find more posts by proc Add proc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thunderball
Hyperdrive

Mercury Mariner Unveiled!!!

Go here and take a gander at the new Mercury Mariner version of the Escape/Tribute. I am sure someone will post photos here shortly on this thread. The Mariner looks significantly different from the front and the tail lamps are different and it has a pretty snazzy interior. I'll have to take a closer look, but go ahead take apeek and see what you think. And if you are one of the computer geniuses that I am not please post some pictures on this thread so that all may enjoy.

Thank You

Had: a Chrome Yellow 2002 V-6 XLT FWD "The Bus"
Had: a Solar Yellow 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Turbo with StageI boost upgrade and K&N filter "Speedy"
NOW: Citron Green 2004 C230 Coupe w/6 speed
6yrs PNET free

Thunderball is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 07:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderball Find more posts by Thunderball Add Thunderball to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
escaperi
1st Gear!

Nice interior with the console and floor shift. Also has a chrome exhaust tip. Now if they'd only do this on the escape and maybe add duals.....................

escaperi is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 07:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for escaperi Find more posts by escaperi Add escaperi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SullyND

Did anyone else notice the keyhole in the hatch?

Old Post 04-17-2003 07:43 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thunderball
Hyperdrive

Looks like a keyhole, I thought those were becoming extinct on non drivers doors or trunks. Could be the sensor for the back up warning system that is getting put on everthing it seems, I know they're usually on the bumper but you never know. Personally I hope it is a keyhole. Miss the storage cubby where the shifter is moved to, maybe I would stop trying to shift the wiper stalk every now and then at least.

Had: a Chrome Yellow 2002 V-6 XLT FWD "The Bus"
Had: a Solar Yellow 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Turbo with StageI boost upgrade and K&N filter "Speedy"
NOW: Citron Green 2004 C230 Coupe w/6 speed
6yrs PNET free

Thunderball is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 07:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderball Find more posts by Thunderball Add Thunderball to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MINIUTE
4th Gear

wow, what are all the buttons above the ac controls for?

MODS:
WOOD DASH
CENTER CONSOLE
16" XLT WHEELS (THANKS GATORJ)
FACTORY FOG LIGHTS
ALPINE HEAD UNIT CDA7894
BRITAX Marathon LATCH - Colonial Blue Car Seat.

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=16288

MINIUTE is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 08:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MINIUTE Find more posts by MINIUTE Add MINIUTE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
enormus
3rd Gear

Unhappy Conservative?

They call that interior conservative? Waaayyy too many colors for my taste. You've black leather and dash, cream or bone trim and seat inserts, dark burlwood and brushed aluminum. A single color for the radio bezel and console would look far less busy. And there is too much contrast between the black and cream color. While I defintely welcome the console shifter, I mourn the loss of the white guages and the roof rack.

Current modifications: Benevento 5 pc Brushed Aluminum Dash Kit * EGR In-Channel Door Wind Deflectors * Ford OEM Low Profile Bug Shield * GE Super Blue Head Lamps * JVC KD-SH909 CD/MP3 Player * K&N Filtercharger * MTX RT202 100w Amp * Polk EX357 speakers * Polk GNX104 10" sub * Wix 24816 Cabin Filter

enormus is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for enormus Visit enormus's homepage! Find more posts by enormus Add enormus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bzcat
Platinum Member

I correctly predicted the name of this vehicle a while back...

Looks good, I like the front bumper and the interior. Very stylish and non-tacky use of fake wood. Although it probably look better with some light color real wood.

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

bzcat is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 09:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bzcat Visit bzcat's homepage! Find more posts by bzcat Add bzcat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bzcat
Platinum Member

also I noticed it has the new 2.3 Duratec I-4. Good news for those looking for entry level Escape... Zetec is on its way out.

Also according to the actual news release, ATX will be standard transmission for both I-4 and V6. No MTX... that I don't like.

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

bzcat is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 09:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bzcat Visit bzcat's homepage! Find more posts by bzcat Add bzcat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ttuRuss
4th Gear

Looks ok to me, The floor mounted shifter and the headlights are the only thing i would want though. I love the looks of my limited, all black itnerior with the aluminum trim an white faced guages

MAC Intake
Ford Bug Guard and Splash Guards
18" ADR spade wheels with 255 55 18 rubber

ttuRuss is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 09:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ttuRuss Find more posts by ttuRuss Add ttuRuss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote