Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > NEWS: Mercury's Escape Named MARINER!!! (Pics)
Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SullyND

quote:
Originally posted by bzcat
why can't those mirrors be painted as well... looks like Ford went to the trouble of color matching every plastic bits to match the primary color so why not the mirrors. They look really out of place now with the monotone paint job.

I suppose it's a matter of opinion, my assumption as to why they did it is thus: The mirror is more a part of the opening than the rest of the car (i.e. it's framed along with the glass as part of the opening.) I think it would look odd the other way.

I like it better black.

Last edited by on 04-21-2003 at 10:18 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2003 10:12 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pHaze
2nd Gear

Mariner "Escape" - Can this be done?

I was just noticing that the new Mariner's hood and the front fenders over the front wheels is exactly the same as it is on Escapes. Does this mean that we could just buy that front grill, bumper & lights if we wanted to do that look on the front of an Escape?

That would be trick!!!!!!!!

pHaze is offline Old Post 04-24-2003 01:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pHaze Find more posts by pHaze Add pHaze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SullyND

Ever seen an F-150 Navigator or a Silverado Escalade? They look STUPID in my opinion, but it can be done, at great expense.

I'd be more interested in getting the hybrids bumper cover and fog lights.

Old Post 04-24-2003 04:42 PM
jeffes
Platinum Member

It would be really odd if the front & rear bits don't fit! It's too much $$$ to change the metalwork on a platform.... it looks like the front and rear facias would fit an Escape.... very cool!!!
J

jeffes is offline Old Post 04-24-2003 05:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeffes Find more posts by jeffes Add jeffes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NzDeV
500 Posts!! Welcome To
Platinum Membership !!!

Hmmmmmmm

Anyone notice the styling similarity between the new front ends that will be going on the new Mariners and the front grills & headlights on already being put on the asian Escapes?

I think those are the exact same front headlight shapes. I wonder if our Escape's would have gotten this redesign update if Mercury didn't need an SUV right now?

NzDeV is offline Old Post 05-05-2003 11:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NzDeV Find more posts by NzDeV Add NzDeV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greyboy
Managing Editor

Wink Video Anyone

Motor Trend has a quicktime video up, previewing the Mariner and "Hot Rodded" Navigator. Anyone interested, can clicky HERE to see it. I'd put it up on the video page, but don't want to suffer the Wrath of MT.

greyboy is offline Old Post 05-19-2003 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for greyboy Find more posts by greyboy Add greyboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bodegabay
Platinum Member

i agree with some of the members above -- i would be interested in swapping the headlights + front bumper from the escape hybrid. the new front end looks tough on the hybrid.

since this is a mariner post, what do you guys think of it's thin spoke wheels?

i'm actually thinking about installing these 18" on my dark grey escape. i would've never thought bbs type of spokes would match well, but from tirerack + mariner pics, they look great!

bodegabay is offline Old Post 05-29-2003 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bodegabay Find more posts by bodegabay Add bodegabay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bzcat
Platinum Member

Taiwan Escape has color matching mirrors... hemm

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

bzcat is offline Old Post 05-29-2003 07:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bzcat Visit bzcat's homepage! Find more posts by bzcat Add bzcat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SullyND

quote:
Taiwan Escape has color matching mirrors... hemm

Good catch. I personally think it looks goofy - Especially two-toned as the Taiwan ones are.

Old Post 05-29-2003 07:32 PM
bolita
2nd Gear

Are the Asian Escapes built in Japan by Mazda or are the built in the US?

Also, is the British Maverick US built?

I wonder how many places build the Escape....

bolita is offline Old Post 05-29-2003 08:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bolita Find more posts by bolita Add bolita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WhatsNew
News and Info

JJ, did you ever get up to the show & get those pics taken? We can host them for you here if you want.

WhatsNew is offline Old Post 07-14-2003 08:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhatsNew Visit WhatsNew's homepage! Find more posts by WhatsNew Add WhatsNew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bzcat
Platinum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bolita
Are the Asian Escapes built in Japan by Mazda or are the built in the US?

Also, is the British Maverick US built?

I wonder how many places build the Escape....

3 places - Kansas City, Hiroshima, and Taiwan.

All RWD are build in the US.
All LHD are build in Japan.

Taiwan Escape/Tribute are sold only in Taiwan, although local press in Taiwan is reporting that Ford will start export program of Taiwan Escpae to China and The Philippines later this year (these are the only RHD markets in East Asia besides South Korea).

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

bzcat is offline Old Post 07-15-2003 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bzcat Visit bzcat's homepage! Find more posts by bzcat Add bzcat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SullyND

quote:
Taiwan Escape/Tribute are sold only in Taiwan, although local press in Taiwan is reporting that Ford will start export program of Taiwan Escpae to China and The Philippines later this year (these are the only RHD markets in East Asia besides South Korea).

I thought I read Russia too.

Old Post 07-15-2003 04:10 AM