Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > Transmission - Slack in Shifting
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Fireball
Neutral

Transmission - Slack in Shifting

My'05 Escape, XLT, V6, AWD, Auto with 67,000 miles has recently experienced some slack in shifting from 1st gear to 2nd. There is some lag, a slight increase in revs and then a clunk into second gear, but it only happens under light acceleration and not under moderate or heavy acceleration. I had the fluid flushed and changed at 35K and am about ready to do it again if it will help the problem. Are there any adjustments that can be made to the automatic transmission or any other servicing that will correct this problem?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fireball is offline Old Post 04-13-2011 09:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fireball Find more posts by Fireball Add Fireball to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aspitaletto
Platinum Member

time to flush that Trans...

you cant adjust anything, unless you buy a Xcal3

-15.915s@87.28mph
2001 Escape FWD XLT
-K&N Drop-in
-16.49@85.21mph

_________

aspitaletto is offline Old Post 04-14-2011 12:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aspitaletto Find more posts by aspitaletto Add aspitaletto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LX302
Ooh La La! 1000 Posts !!
The Humpin' Hula Award

Right, time to change the fluid.
You might be leaking some, causing a low fluid level which might cause that symptom. While your swapping the fluid, look for leaks just to make sure.

'05 Mazda Tribute s AWD 94,000 miles
and still on the road.

LX302 is offline Old Post 04-14-2011 05:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LX302 Find more posts by LX302 Add LX302 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
escape05limited
Neutral

people will have different opinions on trans flushes though. I personally would recommend just draining the trans oil and putting new stuff in. Its just like changing oil in the engine, super easy.

escape05limited is offline Old Post 04-14-2011 05:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for escape05limited Find more posts by escape05limited Add escape05limited to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RoadKingTrib
Platinum Overdrive

XCAL is the only way.

Once you have one you will wonder how you ever got along without it.

RoadKingTrib is offline Old Post 04-14-2011 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RoadKingTrib Find more posts by RoadKingTrib Add RoadKingTrib to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
escape05limited
Neutral

the Xcal 3 is a tuning solution. It will allow you to flash 3 custom tunes, like gas saving, performance, towing with different octanes of gas. But what it great about it, is theres an option to firm up the shift points. My escape can get a little slippy going 1-2, so I was thinking of getting one as well. But after I do trans oil changes it usually helps the slipping for a little while. The transmission is like the weakest part in this vehicle... Of course if you have it rebuilt, it can be made bullet proof but will cost 1200-1500 pretty easy.

escape05limited is offline Old Post 04-14-2011 09:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for escape05limited Find more posts by escape05limited Add escape05limited to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RoadKingTrib
Platinum Overdrive

Once I installed mine, it took all of .1 miles to realize just how bad the factory shift scheme really is.

Firmer, positive shifts will make the tranny last much longer.

RoadKingTrib is offline Old Post 04-15-2011 03:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RoadKingTrib Find more posts by RoadKingTrib Add RoadKingTrib to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote