Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > New Trib and new member
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Paul Land
New Member!

Smile New Trib and new member

Hi everyone. I have learned a lot browsing your forum and am glad to be aboard. I purchased my new ES 2 months ago and am very happy with it. No problems yet.
I do have a question about tires. I was considering the Mich Cross terrains, but one of the local performance dealers suggested the Yokahama Geolander 051's. I was also considering jumping up to a 245-16. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks again!

Paul

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Paul Land is offline Old Post 09-09-2003 05:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Land Find more posts by Paul Land Add Paul Land to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thunderball
Hyperdrive

Don't know about the tires but welcome to E-C anyway. Hope you like it here.

Thunderball, welcomes you

Had: a Chrome Yellow 2002 V-6 XLT FWD "The Bus"
Had: a Solar Yellow 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Turbo with StageI boost upgrade and K&N filter "Speedy"
NOW: Citron Green 2004 C230 Coupe w/6 speed
6yrs PNET free

Thunderball is offline Old Post 09-09-2003 06:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderball Find more posts by Thunderball Add Thunderball to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spork
Platinum Member

Welcome aboard Paul! Check out these links for some reading you may find helpful:

Michelin Cross Terrains

Yokohama Mentions

Good luck and if you get those 245's post some pics. I've been thinkin' bout goin wider myself. Would like to see what they look like mounted on our 'Scapes.

Proud Owner:
- 2002 Escape XLT Sport Edition
- Dark Shadow Grey Metallic
- MACH Audio W/6 Disc CD

Lookin' for:
- Boom Booster
- 17 inch Wheel/Tire combo

Spork is offline Old Post 09-09-2003 06:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spork Find more posts by Spork Add Spork to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FARSCAPE
Platinum Member

Welcome aboard the board

FARSCAPE is offline Old Post 09-09-2003 09:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FARSCAPE Find more posts by FARSCAPE Add FARSCAPE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregM
1st Gear

I put the Michelin Cross Terrains on my 2001 Trib ES. So far (2k miles) I love them... a big improvement over the Firestone HT's that came with the Trib.

Since Costco was carrying them (the Michelins) they were a better deal than the Yokohama's.

I would get an alignment before putting on new tires. One thing I noticed on the Firestones is that they were wearing on the inside. If you notice the front wheels of the Trib, they pitch-in, and as the springs wear, it becomes more noticeable.

Another tip, do not over-inflate tires... it may help mileage a little, but it will hurt the wear of the tire and could cause handling problems.

Greg

GregM is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 03:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GregM Find more posts by GregM Add GregM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2k2Tribute
500 Posts!! Welcome To
Platinum Membership !!!

Welcome to the site Where in VA are you located?

Gone-2k2 Tribute ES-V6 4WD + Luxury Package, Towing Package, Side Airbags, all weather mats.
2k5 Lexus RX330 (Tribby replacement)

2k2Tribute is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 04:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2k2Tribute Visit 2k2Tribute's homepage! Find more posts by 2k2Tribute Add 2k2Tribute to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KimieKat76
Hyperdrive

Not sure about what tires you need, but welcome to the ec forums anyhoo.. hope you enjoy the car.

KimieKat76 is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 08:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KimieKat76 Visit KimieKat76's homepage! Find more posts by KimieKat76 Add KimieKat76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregM
1st Gear

to 2k2Tribute

Sterling VA borders Herndon VA and is about 5 or 6 miles from Dulles Airport.

I bought my Trib at Brown's Mazda in Fairfax....

I have about 37 K on mine and replaced the tires w/ Michelins about 1K ago....

Greg

GregM is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 08:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GregM Find more posts by GregM Add GregM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bilbo
Platinum Overdrive

Also,
Welcome to the forum Paul!
Kimiekat76, nice new sig photos.
Like the dolphin "badge"

&
Bilbo:
Black 10 XLT V6 Fwd
Retired.. :-(
True Blue 2003 3.0L infidel fwd XLS

Bilbo is offline Old Post 09-10-2003 04:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bilbo Find more posts by Bilbo Add Bilbo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Land
New Member!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the welcome replys. I live in Virginia Beach, by the way.
I got the Trib at 1st Team Mazda. Good Salesman and good price.
I did'nt have to haggle with them. Of course buying on the last day of the month helps. Love the way it handles and accelerates. I took a trip to Wilmington N.C. with it, and it was nice to be able to get around the slowpokes in the left lane. ( I had 1500 mi on it, so was'nt afraid to push it a little.)

Thanks again,

Paul

Paul Land is offline Old Post 09-11-2003 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Land Find more posts by Paul Land Add Paul Land to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote