Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > NEWS: 2005 Escape Design Revealed!!! ...Ford Shows HEV Hybrid
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WhatsNew
News and Info

2005 Ford Escape Protype Photos....

<a href="http://escape-central.com>Ford Escape</a>
2005 Ford Escape - 2005 Escape Photo picture
Escape HEV debuts at NYC Autoshow
Ford Reveals Escape
Hybrid Prototype Design...

Tougher looking front end is a major highlight. The new front bumper features many design cues from the original Escape prototype. Note the round fog lights. Full wheel cladding returns as this Escape model will be aimed upmarket.
<a href="http://escape-central.com>Ford Escape</a>
"The Escape Hybrid is just one way we’re delivering on our ‘better world’ promise," said Ford Division president Steve Lyons, referencing Ford Motor Company’s vision of great products, a stronger business and a better world. "And that’s just the beginning," Lyons said. "Adding a Ford Futura hybrid down the road will allow us to reach many more customers with this technology."

The Ford Escape Hybrid will be among the most advanced hybrid vehicles on the road when it debuts. The hybrid system has been uniquely engineered by Ford for the Escape.

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! The shifter has Arrived!

As the first true "no-compromise" SUV, the Escape Hybrid will offer: A "full" hybrid system, including a 300-volt nickel-metal-hydride battery, allowing the vehicle to run on either the gasoline engine or battery power alone with 35-40 miles per gallon fuel economy in the city driving cycle.

Notice how the new wheels emphasize the tire sizes? These are 17 inchers, a 16 inch wheel/tire combo will be available as standard.

New interior two tone seats are color cued to match shifter floor console and leather highlights.

"The Ford Escape Hybrid significantly improves the power density of the hybrid drive system to meet the power demands of an SUV in available space," according to Ford Hybrid Technology Chief Engineer Prabhakar Patil. "Applying hybrid technology to an SUV clearly presents a challenge. You simply have to get more out of the same type of powertrain package that to this point has only been asked to propel a smaller car."

Ford Escape. The Hybrid has arrived! Notice the outfitter roof rack is included. Rear lights are altered slightly. One other change is the rear license bezel. It is now color coded to match the HEV models body color.

Among the breakthrough technologies on the vehicle is an advanced thermal management system that will result in longer battery life. Other benefits will include better acceleration performance when the vehicle is in pure electric mode and more efficient powertrain operation during highway driving.

This hybrid system, co-developed by Ford, Volvo and Aisin AW, gives "full" hybrid benefits, including: Engine stop/start (automatically stops engine while idling and instantly restarts as necessary) Electric assist (supplements the 2.3-liter gasoline engine when accelerating/passing).

Regenerative braking (recovers energy typically lost as heat through braking friction, storing it for the next acceleration)
Electric drive (in city driving, the gasoline engine may be off as much as 40 percent of the time).

Entire interior is now color matched. New color keyed radio bezel can be partially seen in this picture.

Click here for the official...
2004 Ford Escape Order Guide

(C) WhatsNew @ Escape-Central
Other New Ford New Product News:
New Models Revealed: Hot Mercury Messenger !!
The New Look Of Ford: Next Escape Design? (Pics)
Ford Creates a Crossover: Freestyle Update
CHICAGO Auto Show Preview: Mercury "Escape" Announced

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

WhatsNew is offline Old Post 04-16-2003 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhatsNew Visit WhatsNew's homepage! Find more posts by WhatsNew Add WhatsNew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
graz34
3rd Gear

That new automatic shifter mounted on the floor is for the new CVT.....continuously variable tranny. I am assuming it had to be placed on the floor for this new trans or they just wanted to differentiate the Hybrid enough to justify a price increase over the other Escapes.

graz34 is offline Old Post 04-16-2003 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for graz34 Find more posts by graz34 Add graz34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thunderball
Hyperdrive

Saturn Vue Red Line...

The new Saturn Vue Red Line is also on there, does anyone think that Ford will have a reply to the new 3.5 liter 250hp honda motored monstrosity. Sounds like a performance champ but it still looks like a Vue, maybe now we will get that SVT version. Any thoughts out there?

Had: a Chrome Yellow 2002 V-6 XLT FWD "The Bus"
Had: a Solar Yellow 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Turbo with StageI boost upgrade and K&N filter "Speedy"
NOW: Citron Green 2004 C230 Coupe w/6 speed
6yrs PNET free

Thunderball is offline Old Post 04-16-2003 08:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderball Find more posts by Thunderball Add Thunderball to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SullyND

Why'd they move the parking brake?

Old Post 04-16-2003 09:12 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thunderball
Hyperdrive

The gauges look a little different too,but it is hard to see on the photos. Brake handle looks longer too, maybe going for more leverage, or just going for a style change. Probably has to have enough room to be operated around the floor mounted levers as the console seems to be higher than it currently is. Like the agressive on road tires though, hope they make it.

Had: a Chrome Yellow 2002 V-6 XLT FWD "The Bus"
Had: a Solar Yellow 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Turbo with StageI boost upgrade and K&N filter "Speedy"
NOW: Citron Green 2004 C230 Coupe w/6 speed
6yrs PNET free

Thunderball is offline Old Post 04-16-2003 09:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderball Find more posts by Thunderball Add Thunderball to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Suebecca
Platinum Member

I've noticed a lot of changes in the interior from those photos....

The parking brake is placed on the right side, instead of the left, therefore reversing the cup holders and ashtray.

The storage space below the air controls has also been removed. (Bummer for those who have converted that space in a CB/radar holder ) This has also caused the 12 volt outlet to be moved in front of the shifter.

I do **LOVE** that floor shifter change! I would love to see additional pics of the radio and if they've made any changes to that at all.... :j :j :j

I'm not digging the larger wheels in comparison to the actual tire size. It makes the rim/tire looks out of proportion... but that's just my thoughts...

2003 XLT 4x4 V6 Aspen Green
OEM Low Profile Bug Guard
OEM Medium/Dark Pebble Soft Cargo Liner
OEM Scuff Plates
"Green Goblin"

If you never try anything new, you'll miss out on many of life's great disappointments.

Suebecca is offline Old Post 04-16-2003 09:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Suebecca Find more posts by Suebecca Add Suebecca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
omio
Hyperdrive

Re: New York WORLD DEBUT....

Originally posted by WhatsNew
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Entire interior is now color matched. Notice the new radio bezel.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Did anybody else notice the cancel button on the cruise. That is the thing that I miss most when I drive the Escape. I like to cancel the cruise rather than hit the brake pedal.

Overall it looks nice, I just hope that the exterior changes make it to all of the versions.

'02 Red Sport XLT No Boundaries-Borla Cat back-Westin Safari Bar w/ PIAA 520 Fog-Donelly Auto-Dimming/Compass/Temp Mirror-Auto Start-Bug Delfector and Wind Deflectors-Bridgestone Dueller A/T (Revos) - Hate Them

'04 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

(\__/)
(='.'=)Please remember...
(")_(")Half the people you know are below average!!!

omio is offline Old Post 04-16-2003 09:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for omio Visit omio's homepage! Find more posts by omio Add omio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SullyND

Looks like the buttons under the stereo are back on the driver's side too.

Old Post 04-16-2003 09:43 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bzcat
Platinum Member

Floor shifter... yeah!

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

bzcat is offline Old Post 04-16-2003 09:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bzcat Visit bzcat's homepage! Find more posts by bzcat Add bzcat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
liweilun
New Member!

2004 Ford Hybrid SUV Escape

Picture of new escape hybrid

liweilun is offline Old Post 04-16-2003 10:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for liweilun Find more posts by liweilun Add liweilun to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hellcat51
2nd Gear

Love that floor shifter and the 2 tone seats! One question - do the seats in the hybrid feel like they're stuffed with rocks too?!?

hellcat51 is offline Old Post 04-16-2003 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hellcat51 Find more posts by hellcat51 Add hellcat51 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MikeQBF
Platinum Overdrive

The process of moving the shifter has trashed an incredible amount of prospective storage space! It would have been a deal-killer for me if this was the configuration on the 2001.

Talk about a waste...

That "bleached white" interior will be a monstrous effort to keep clean. Attractive, but completely impractical.

Four Generations of YELLOW!

MikeQBF is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MikeQBF Find more posts by MikeQBF Add MikeQBF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
graz34
3rd Gear

Something tells me this is not 100% production trim. I agree about the shifter placement. Floor mounted may be sporty, but it would kill me to give up all the storage space.....plus I bet the CVT required a little more room in the floor...thus requiring a center console, rather than a arm rest and a column mounted shifter. Just a guess.

graz34 is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 12:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for graz34 Find more posts by graz34 Add graz34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bzcat
Platinum Member

floor shifter enables shifting... CVT doesn't require shifting so it's not the reason for changing the placement. Ford is doing it for competitive reason. Consumers like floor shifters because it reminds them they are driving a SUV not a truck or god forbid... minivan.

The white interior maybe a bit over the top... it will be a paid in the a s s to keep clean.

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

bzcat is offline Old Post 04-17-2003 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bzcat Visit bzcat's homepage! Find more posts by bzcat Add bzcat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote