Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > upgraded front structure?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dory
Platinum Member

Question upgraded front structure?

In this review for the 2005 Escape(which I found on this forum) http://www.canadiandriver.com/roadtest/05escape.htm it states near the end that "Later this year, the Escape’s front structure will be upgraded to provide increased protection in offset frontal crashes."

This implies to me that sometime during the production of the 2005 Escape, they will be changing the front structure. Does anyone know anything about this change or when it is expected to occur? I haven't tried emailing Ford yet, thought I'd see if anyone here had heard anything.

Last edited by dory on 05-27-2004 at 12:44 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dory is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 12:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dory Visit dory's homepage! Find more posts by dory Add dory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RobtRoma
Platinum Overdrive

I saw that too. I'm hoping it will be to accommodate the new 3.5 liter engine that was mentioned in another thread. I don't have a definitive answer for you though....

My Escape Web Page
2002 Escape XLT Premium 4x4
Dk. Highland Green - Parchment Int.
Delivered June 7th, 2002
Mods... Ford Bug Shield, Ford Hitch Cover, Ford Door Edge Guards, Ford Escape Stainless Steel Scuff Plates, 12" Forest Green Shorty Antenna, Escape 3rd brake light cover, Ford Black Taillight Covers, Escape Limited Wheels.

Last edited by RobtRoma on 05-27-2004 at 08:23 PM

RobtRoma is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RobtRoma Visit RobtRoma's homepage! Find more posts by RobtRoma Add RobtRoma to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dory
Platinum Member

I have emailed Ford Canada with the question. I also emailed the author of the article in case he had any further information. I will post any information I receive.

dory is offline Old Post 05-27-2004 08:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dory Visit dory's homepage! Find more posts by dory Add dory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dory
Platinum Member

Okay, I emailed the author of the article and he got back to me the same day. He had gotten his information from this Ford media web site. The information in the Canadian press kit for the Escape stated this:

• The Safety Canopy™, Personal Safety System™ and improved offset crash protection (late availability).
So I emailed Ford Canada with this information and after several non useful replies over almost 3 weeks, I contacted a sales manager at a Ford dealer. He happened to be going to training for the new Ford models the next day (today) where there would be Ford reps available for questions. He got back to me today and this is the scoop:

ALL 2005 Escapes have had a new structure which Ford expects to provide improved offset crash protection. Now, the institution who performs the offset crash tests could not confirm this for Ford since they have not yet done the tests. Thus, there is "late availability" on the testing that actually confirms the improved offest crash protection.

dory is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 11:17 PM
skibum49
Platinum Member

Thanks Dory thats interesting to know. I wondered the same thing when I read the canadian article but didn't have the wherewithal to follow it up like you obviously have. Thanks much for that clarification

2005 Escape Limited

skibum49 is offline Old Post 06-08-2004 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for skibum49 Find more posts by skibum49 Add skibum49 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RobtRoma
Platinum Overdrive

Yes, it is a good, interesting fact to know. Thanks for following up!!!

My Escape Web Page
2002 Escape XLT Premium 4x4
Dk. Highland Green - Parchment Int.
Delivered June 7th, 2002
Mods... Ford Bug Shield, Ford Hitch Cover, Ford Door Edge Guards, Ford Escape Stainless Steel Scuff Plates, 12" Forest Green Shorty Antenna, Escape 3rd brake light cover, Ford Black Taillight Covers, Escape Limited Wheels.

RobtRoma is offline Old Post 06-09-2004 02:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RobtRoma Visit RobtRoma's homepage! Find more posts by RobtRoma Add RobtRoma to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote