Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
PERSONALIZE your Escape!
> Escape - Tribute PHOTOS! > Installed RoofRack GrillGaurd TailGaurds VentVisors BugDeflector BumperGaurds Exhaust
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Izzy
1st Gear

Installed RoofRack GrillGaurd TailGaurds VentVisors BugDeflector BumperGaurds Exhaust

I saw a buncha questions on what certain accessories look like on the 'scape, figured id post some pics i took.

http://www.izzycreamcheese.com/escape/

2001 Escape
Manik Brush Gaurd
SUVfx Roof Rack
Vent Visor Deflectors
Lund Bug Deflector
Borla Cat Back Exhaust
PIAA Lamps
Rugged Bumper Gaurds
Brand ?? Rear Taillight Gaurds

scott

Last edited by Izzy on 12-11-2001 at 02:37 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Izzy is offline Old Post 11-12-2001 04:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Izzy Visit Izzy's homepage! Find more posts by Izzy Add Izzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
itchyrichy
4th Gear

Yellow (amber) fog lights

Izzy,

Welcome aboard.

I viewed the pics of what I believe is your red Escape.
Question:

Where did you get the yellow(amber) fog light lens for the Escape? Was it a total replacement of the fog lights or is it just a front lens cover replacement? "Inquiring minds need to know."

I would love to get my hands on them if they are available. I think the amber fog light is more effective and they look awesome! I saw amber fog lights on a Lexus SUV and they were...AWESOME.

Richie

Add-ons:
PNI v2000 Digital Compass/Temperature sensor
WeatherTech WeatherFlectors
Amber tinted fog lenses, DesignTech Backup Alert
Tinted front door windows (25%)
Ford OEM All Weather Floor Mats
DrawTite Class III Hitch
Axius Seat Covers

Visit my "Silver Bullet" website here

itchyrichy is offline Old Post 11-12-2001 04:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for itchyrichy Visit itchyrichy's homepage! Find more posts by itchyrichy Add itchyrichy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greyboy
Managing Editor

Re: Installed RoofRack GrillGaurd TailGaurds VentVisors BugDeflector BumperGaurds Exhaust

quote:
Originally posted by Izzy
figured id post some pics i took.

scott

Very nice looking ride Scott !!!
I thank you for the Pics !!!!!!!

James

greyboy is offline Old Post 11-12-2001 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for greyboy Find more posts by greyboy Add greyboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xyber233
1st Gear

How much did the Manik brush guard cost?

xyber233 is offline Old Post 11-12-2001 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xyber233 Find more posts by xyber233 Add xyber233 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FlaEscape
1st Gear

Re: Yellow (amber) fog lights

quote:
Originally posted by itchyrichy
Izzy,

Welcome aboard.

I viewed the pics of what I believe is your red Escape.
Question:

Where did you get the yellow(amber) fog light lens for the Escape? Was it a total replacement of the fog lights or is it just a front lens cover replacement? "Inquiring minds need to know."

I would love to get my hands on them if they are available. I think the amber fog light is more effective and they look awesome! I saw amber fog lights on a Lexus SUV and they were...AWESOME.

Richie

Richie,

I have the same thing on my Escape. SUVFX.Com makes a yello film that covers the bottom portion of the foglamp. I didn't think it would work, but it does and it looks great. I think it was 5 bucks or so. Jim's website is still down but the number is on the site. I fact I posted the number under "Modifications" when I was questioning about the website.

Sean

FlaEscape is offline Old Post 11-12-2001 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FlaEscape Find more posts by FlaEscape Add FlaEscape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Izzy
1st Gear

Im not sure how much the brush gaurd goes for retail, i picked mine up off of ebay for 275, (he had it on his for 2 months, it was basically new) he through in the PIAA's 520's for 100 more.

Im really happy with the manik brush gaurd, looks the best in my opinion. Dont bother getting it installed by someone, it can be done in about 30 mins by yourself easily. (dont even have to cut the cladding)

If you do pick one up, heres a trick i learned different than the install steps: Theres these two "flaps" of cladding at the very bottomish of your bumper, not visible unless your under the vehicle, the mount for the brush gaurd goes right where they are, so you are supposed to cut them, dont cut em... simly "fold them up inside the bumper"

scott

Izzy is offline Old Post 11-13-2001 10:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Izzy Visit Izzy's homepage! Find more posts by Izzy Add Izzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KanSue
New Member!

Question D I Y ???

This was do it yourself easy? So I take it you mean there was no drilling required? This just connects to existing screw in holes?

I just checked the Escape ebay link on the main page here, no grill guards currently displayed in the auctions

What are the best sources & best prices for a good quality brush guard on Escapes? I would probably have someone install it for me.

Susan L.

KanSue is offline Old Post 11-14-2001 11:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KanSue Visit KanSue's homepage! Find more posts by KanSue Add KanSue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Izzy
1st Gear

Install of Manik Brush Gaurd

Id still personally install it.... to install it heres what you gotta do:

there are two "mount plates" that go underneath the bumper, they bolt into the... hmmm

nevermind.. ill be back, lemme just go take some pictures

scott

Izzy is offline Old Post 11-15-2001 12:35 AM
Izzy
1st Gear

On Second Though

On Second Thought... after looking at it, if the install is $75 bucks or less, id probably just get it installed.... Although if your tight on cash, self install is possible, you simply take off the two big black "underside engine covers" that cover the engine and pullies from road dirt or whatever, they are held on by screws, next you fold up into bumper the two extended flaps on the bottom of your cladding (youll see it, they are two 4x4 inch "extra cladding" peices. next there are two brackets that get bolted onto your tow hook mount and the underside of the frame, the hole on the frame part needs to be enlarged by just a hair, reason being that it is a comletly sealed area so you cant just drop in a bolt and nut, you need to insert the bolt (it has an attached arm on it) through another adjecent hole, and drop it down into the the next hole, but since you are feeding it into the hole via the arm thats welded on it, it is dropping down at a slight angle, thus it doesnt quit fit, although once its down in its proper place, it seats fine. (i know it sounds wierd, but youll understand once you try to install it) once those are done, you lay the brush gaurd in front of the truck, line up the bottom holes of the brush gaurd with the holes on the newly installed mount, drop in your bolts (dont tighten all the way yet), pivit the brush gaurd upright, drop in the next set of bolts (dont tighten all the way). Now the brush gaurd can be slid in closer or farther away from the front bumper, you need to slide it close enough to the bumper so that it doesnt have a huge gap, but far enough away to allow enough clearance for the hood to open up and close without crushing your hands inbetween that and the brush gaurd (or if you have a bug gaurd or somthing on your hood,make sure you have enough room)
Final step is these set of small brackets that bolt right into factory holes underneath your grill...

hmm, now that i re-read this, it makes no sense.. hah.. sorry ill up the pictures to www.izzycreamcheese.com/escape they will be the newest ones...

Anyway, everything just goes into factory holes, and is easy to do, except for other two holes you have to enlargen the slightest bit. If your handy, and broke, go for it, if not, get it done

Izzy is offline Old Post 11-15-2001 01:19 AM
xyber233
1st Gear

Know where do get a cheap grille guard? The cheapest I can find is this.
http://www.suvxccessory.com/xccessory/01fea-3049.html

xyber233 is offline Old Post 11-15-2001 03:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xyber233 Find more posts by xyber233 Add xyber233 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xyber233
1st Gear

Can a local mechanic install the grille guard or do I have to go somewhere else?

xyber233 is offline Old Post 11-15-2001 03:32 AM
Izzy
1st Gear

Anyone who is mechanically inclined, and knows some 4 letter words is able to install it...

Izzy is offline Old Post 11-15-2001 06:20 PM
xyber233
1st Gear

What tools are needed to install it?

xyber233 is offline Old Post 11-16-2001 04:15 AM
Izzy
1st Gear

Philips screwdriver, two sizes of wrenches (dont remember which), and either a dremmel or a drill or a file or something to enlargen those two holes a hair.

scott/izzy

Izzy is offline Old Post 11-16-2001 06:54 PM