Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
PERSONALIZE your Escape!
> Escape - Tribute PHOTOS! > My 1st Escape
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Klwl
New Member!

My 1st Escape

It's a 2002 5 spd. 4x4 4cyl. (I know, I know).
I am so far happy with it, but am looking to alter the appearance slightly ie colors, decals, whatever.... Any thoughts on mods. I would also like to alter the interior. I live in Canada and am not looking to spend a great deal of money. Any thoughts from the Escape veterans?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Klwl is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 02:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klwl Find more posts by Klwl Add Klwl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klwl
New Member!

Sorry forgot also to say hi to everyone and say that I love the site:c:

Klwl is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 02:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klwl Find more posts by Klwl Add Klwl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SoCal
3rd Gear

Welcome to the FAMILY!

Custom Heatshield
Borla Muffler
Custom Cat. w/ Dual SS Tips
35%Tint Front Windows
35%Tint+Privacy Glass Rear Windows

http://members.cardomain.com/socal168

Thanks Greyboy!!!

SoCal is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 06:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SoCal Visit SoCal's homepage! Find more posts by SoCal Add SoCal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsmith2
New Member!

thats a nice Escape i just got one not 2 long ago. this is my baby

rsmith2 is offline Old Post 06-30-2003 01:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rsmith2 Visit rsmith2's homepage! Find more posts by rsmith2 Add rsmith2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doble Saulton
Platinum Member

rsmith2,
Let me see if my knowledge of Scape's and me eyes are correct. You have a 2002 XLT V6 4X4.

1)Newer mirrors (2002 build II and newer)
2)Splash guard in rear fender (only on 2001-2002)
3)Side emblems (2001-2002 also how I know V6)
4)Molding over wheel wells (only on 4X4 XLT I think)
5)XLT 16" rims
6)Continental Contitrac SUV tires (On 2002-2003)

How did I do??????

Klwl,
You have a rare model. There are lots of mods you can do/make for little money. I made a grill for the lowest opening in the bumper for under $10 with parts from Home Depot. Start small if you plan on doing things yourself and get the hang of things then don't be afraid to jump right in with bigger projects.

Child Seats for my 2 kids

Thanks for the cool site Fitzy

Doble Saulton is offline Old Post 06-30-2003 04:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Doble Saulton Find more posts by Doble Saulton Add Doble Saulton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsmith2
New Member!

close on the year its a 2001 as for the other stuff i donno hehehe, im looking to do some mods if i can but that will have to be later on

rsmith2 is offline Old Post 06-30-2003 05:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rsmith2 Visit rsmith2's homepage! Find more posts by rsmith2 Add rsmith2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doble Saulton
Platinum Member

Darn I must be seeing the mirrors wrong. After a little checking I see the above mentioned tires were also used on late 2001's.

Doble Saulton is offline Old Post 06-30-2003 07:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Doble Saulton Find more posts by Doble Saulton Add Doble Saulton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rsmith2
New Member!

hey it was a good shot though hehehe probably would have been a better pic if i would have taken it durning the day time when you could acually see everything

rsmith2 is offline Old Post 06-30-2003 07:34 AM
taxigirl
New Member!

quote:
Originally posted by Doble Saulton
I made a grill for the lowest opening in the bumper for under $10 with parts from Home Depot.

I would like to see pictures of that if you wouldn't mind. Ever since I cut my DIY cargo mat I am all for checking out another good idea

Thanks!

taxigirl is offline Old Post 07-03-2003 03:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for taxigirl Find more posts by taxigirl Add taxigirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustJerk
Platinum Member

quote:
Originally posted by taxigirl
I would like to see pictures of that if you wouldn't mind. Ever since I cut my DIY cargo mat I am all for checking out another good idea

Thanks!

Doble Saulton family just had another addition. I was also wondering how he attached the gutter guard to the front bumper.

I'll be trying the same thing this weekend. Just pick up a package of hinged gutter guard. There are (5) 3' by 6" peices. Not sure how I'm going to attach it yet, need to look at it this weekend. Home depot and Lowes are open on the 4th! While I'm there, I think I'm going to pick up the Oil Dri Garage Guard for a new cargo mat. DYO = Saved $$$$$

It should look like this

MODS

WetherTech WeatherFlectors
WeatherTech Easy-OnTM Stone and Bug Deflector
Clear Side Markers
DIY - Interior Bike Rack
DIY - Main & Lower Grille Guard
DIY - Cabin Air Filter
Cee Bailey's Sunshields
Evolution 4 Car Cover
Chrome Tribute License Plate Holder
3rd Brake light cover
12" Polished Billet Antenna
Decals - Mazda, Zoom-Zoom, American Flag, No Fear, Jerk Inside, NY Giants Helmet, NY Giants Logo, BigBlueTailgate.com, 4X4, and more

Jest- something done or said in a playful joking manner

JustJerk is offline Old Post 07-03-2003 07:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JustJerk Visit JustJerk's homepage! Find more posts by JustJerk Add JustJerk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doble Saulton
Platinum Member

JJ,
If you came to 'THE' Fun Run you could have checked out the grill in person, but you must think about swimming, biking and running more than escaping
I got this aluminum from Home Depot. It was $15 for the 3'X5' sheet I think. I primed then painted it. I bent about a 2" lip at the top. this lip goes between the bumper cover and the metal (red circles). The bottom was connected to the tranny cooler by zip ties (green circles). But between the grill and cooler I used some pipe insulation (the round type with a slit down the middle to put it over the pipe) to prevent chaffing of the cooler and rattling. To get all of this into place I removed the four blots that hold on the cover to the bottom (yellow circles) and squeezed in the new grill. The side view is an illustration of placements.
The whole project cost more than $10, but I only used a small portion of the sheet aluminum and the rest I used for an other project. Because of this I split the cost of the sheet aluminum and added in the cost of the tie straps and pipe insulation (from other projects)

Notice the chipping on this grill from all of the road debris that find their way in. Almost all of this would have impacted the tranny cooler. Time for touching up paint.

Doble Saulton is offline Old Post 07-03-2003 09:47 PM
Klwl
New Member!

Thx very much for the ideas, I do infact need to start off with either getting a bug deflector or something for the hood cause I just got my 1st rock chip and I am so not liking it =(. Another question is how big a tire can be put on the 'scapes?

Klwl is offline Old Post 07-04-2003 05:11 AM
JustJerk
Platinum Member

Thanks Doble Saulton. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm actually thinking buying a can of chrome spray paint to make it stand out. I'll post pics once I'm done. Congrats on your new arrival.

MODS

WetherTech WeatherFlectors
WeatherTech Easy-OnTM Stone and Bug Deflector
Clear Side Markers
DIY - Interior Bike Rack
DIY - Main & Lower Grille Guard
DIY - Cabin Air Filter
Cee Bailey's Sunshields
Evolution 4 Car Cover
Chrome Tribute License Plate Holder
3rd Brake light cover
12" Polished Billet Antenna
Decals - Mazda, Zoom-Zoom, American Flag, No Fear, Jerk Inside, NY Giants Helmet, NY Giants Logo, BigBlueTailgate.com, 4X4, and more

Jest- something done or said in a playful joking manner

JustJerk is offline Old Post 07-04-2003 07:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JustJerk Visit JustJerk's homepage! Find more posts by JustJerk Add JustJerk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote