Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
PERSONALIZE your Escape!
> Escape - Tribute PHOTOS! > "My" favorite Mazda Tribby Pictures
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cicindela
Platinum Member

I am little confused. Aren't all tributes and escapes made in US?

sbkim, No they are not. Escapes are made in the US, Japan, Taiwan, and soon Malaysia.

Tributes are made in the US and Japan, maybe else where too.

There could also be more locations I'm not aware of.

Steve

click picture larger

Cicindela
Borbet H 16x7.5 wheels w/ Fortera HL 255/65-16 tires, Westin Safari light bar-stainless steel, Chrome Piaa 520 driving lights, Chromed/painted front grill, Taiwan Ford Chrome Lift Gate Handle, SUVFX Escape Safari Basket, KKM air induction, Raybestos brake pads, Ford molded mudflaps & bug guard, WeatherTech WeatherFlector Rain Guards, Tribute interior chrome door handles, rear 4x4 badge-chr, OEM stainless door sills, RS short antenna, Garmin GPS map76 W/ Ram mount, Phillips Vision Plus head lamps, 50w fog replacements, Optima Redtop Battery typeR

" One truck to bind them, "

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cicindela is offline Old Post 07-13-2002 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cicindela Visit Cicindela's homepage! Find more posts by Cicindela Add Cicindela to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The MCP
New Member!

Due to the cost of shipping, if I recall correctly all North & South American Escapes & Tributes are made at the Ford plant in Kansas City, while the European, Asian, Australian, etc Esacpes and Tributes are made at the Mazda Plant in Japan.

The MCP is offline Old Post 07-15-2002 11:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for The MCP Find more posts by The MCP Add The MCP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tributedxv6
1st Gear

I know this is off topic, but if my memory serves me correct, it's easy to remember where Tributes and Escapes are made. Left hand drive models are made in the U.S and right hand drive models are made in Japan. Or at least from what I have heard from LHD European Tribute owners. I spoke to a few Tribute owners in the UK and the Japanese made models are no better made, or designed, than the US models. So, we aren't missing out on much. Just FYI.

One more thing. Has anybody in the US installed the power antenna on their Tribute? I didn't have the chance to go by a dealer while in the UK back in November to see if they had any information.

tributedxv6 is offline Old Post 07-26-2002 09:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tributedxv6 Find more posts by tributedxv6 Add tributedxv6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RjTribute
[shift] 2nd Gear!

Ouch! Don't want to start a flame war tributedxv6 but Australian Escapes and Tributes that I have looked at, and having done a lot of reading on 'Escape Central' before I purchased my Tribute, seem to be faultlessly manufactured - at least in the body work and paint and underneath. Our local state motoring service technical department laughed when I asked them if they had had reports about 'stalling engines' or rattles in the tailgate. No generic issues have arisen with Escapes and Trib's on the road. This is the first car that I have owned, and I have had about 15 of which 10 were new, that has absolutely faultless paintwork, no problems with the lining up of doors and body, no leakages, rattles, wind-noise gaps or faults with the eletricals or mechanics. See my report on my 2000 + mile tour of central Australia. It is, and after 9000 miles remains, faultless. I suspect that this is indicative of better manufacturing in Japan - or maybe they don't have to produce as many as the American plants do, so they have time to get it right. I remember that one thing on the checklist for when you picked up your new Escape/Tribute that I got from this site was to check for discarded coffee cups in the framework/bodywork! I strongly suspect that that sort of issue never arises with vehicles made in Japan.
The Japanese certainly love to tinker and jazz up their rides. I appreciated the link from Tribby 2001 - my daughter spent a little time in Japan and where she was the speed limit was never anymore than 40 mph and the roads were 1 vehicle wide - they fancy their cars up, but never worry about handling - as long as it is 'soft'. P.S. I love the dark green and the deep blue, but experience has taught me that the silver doesn't show up the dust and dirt - and is cooler in the mid-summer heat.
This forum is for photos but says 'no attachments' - so how do I submit a photo of my Trib? (Sorry but I'm new at photo transfer protocols and I don't want to do the wrong thing. Feel free to suggest a scanning quality to make my snapshots clear, but not too big.)

RjTribute is offline Old Post 08-02-2002 04:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RjTribute Find more posts by RjTribute Add RjTribute to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEHR655
Managing Editor

quote:
Originally posted by RjTribute

This forum is for photos but says 'no attachments' - so how do I submit a photo of my Trib? (Sorry but I'm new at photo transfer protocols and I don't want to do the wrong thing. Feel free to suggest a scanning quality to make my snapshots clear, but not too big.)

I'm glad I have this saved as a document that I can copy and paste..............

OK, here goes.......

First you need to have the image uploaded on the internet to a site that will allow linking. This is where it gets tricky because a lot of sites do not allow linking. Check with your ISP to see if they provide web space for creating your own web page. This is your best bet because it's usually free. Another option is to find a free photo sharing site. What ever you find it's important that they allow linking. NOTE! all sites will allow JPEG (.jpg) and some will allow GIF formats.
OK, now you've found a site and have uploaded your pictures...........

On your site right click the image and in the context menu click Properties. In the properties dialog box you will see the URL. This is the address for your picture's location. It will look something like this:
http:// mysite.com/ myname/ mypicture.jpg. Highlight the address, right click it and click copy.
Now when you're back here making your post click the IMG button and a dialog box will appear (make sure that the VB CODE Enhanced Mode button is selected first). Paste the address into the Image dialog box and click OK.
BAM, the code for your image appears in the body of your post.

I know it sounds like a lot of work but once you have your pictures up on a site that allows linking the hard part is over and it's all pie from there.

As far as size goes, I usually re-size my pictures to about 300x500 pixels max. A little smaller is better if you're posting several photos.

BEHR655 is offline Old Post 08-03-2002 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BEHR655 Find more posts by BEHR655 Add BEHR655 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fab4
[shift] 3rd Gear!

Re: Japanese Tribute

quote:
Originally posted by escaperoo
Get a load of this new front bumper with what looks like a skid plate...

:j Sweet options Escaperoo, Are there any bodywork differences with those Japanese Tributes? Would the accessories be a direct fit to our Americanized Tribs?

Fab4 is offline Old Post 08-14-2002 01:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fab4 Find more posts by Fab4 Add Fab4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
escaperoo
1st Gear

Thumbs up Japanese Options

I have the chromed mirror covers (for the old style 2001 mirrors), front chrome grill accent (not worth it), chrome side marker covers (oval frames actually, nice touch) and door scuff plates all from Japan. And everything fits like a glove on my American made Tribute.

As for the bumper accessories I can only venture a guess and say yes. From the photos it looks like a bolt on addition to the original design. If I could afford it right now I would go for it.

escaperoo is offline Old Post 08-14-2002 04:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for escaperoo Find more posts by escaperoo Add escaperoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DavidASolis
New Member!

Escaperoo Exactly the things you bought from Japan are the accessories I want. How much total did everything cost?

If you have by item its even better. Just trying to get a feel for the prices

Also, how did you go about buying these things?

DavidASolis is offline Old Post 08-21-2002 11:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DavidASolis Find more posts by DavidASolis Add DavidASolis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
escaperoo
1st Gear

Arrow David

You really don't wanna know...

Well, if you insist...

Are you sittin' down???

Ah yes, the feeling of blowin' a tax rebate check

1)Mazda Side Marker Chrome Cover Set $49.00 (YES!)
2)Mazda Chrome Door Mirror Cover Set $140 (OK)
3)Mazda Scuff Plate Set $298 (not as nice as Escape's)
4)Mazda Front Grille Chrome Garnish $210 (RIP OFF)

Shipping direct from Japan was $67 (about 2 weeks)

If you're short on cash I would skip #4 then #3 in that order. Keep in mind that these prices were paid about one year ago and that prices fluctuate according to the going US$ to Japanese Yen exchange rate.

I purchased these parts from:

http://www.japaneseparts.com

CSI
1100 S. Raymond Ave., Suite H
Fullerton, CA 92831-5247
Tel 714 879-7955 (ask for Ben, he speaks engrish )

escaperoo is offline Old Post 08-22-2002 05:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for escaperoo Find more posts by escaperoo Add escaperoo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Truebute
New Member!

Talking Tribute pics are here..

Hello everyone. I just thought I would take the time to say that I now have pictures of my tribute. Please let me know what you all think... I will try to put up a list of all the mods shortly, for those of you that maybe curious...

[IMG]

http://pic4.picturetrail.com:80/VOL...34/13630732.jpg[/IMG]

http://pic4.picturetrail.com:80/VOL...34/13630726.jpg

Truebute is offline Old Post 09-16-2002 10:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Truebute Find more posts by Truebute Add Truebute to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karl
New Member!

Japanese Tribute

Escaperoo,

I tried the link (http://www.japaneseparts.com) where you purchased your japanese parts and it doesn't work. Any suggestions since it seemed like you know the owner? Or, any other companies that import japanese parts? Thanks. Karl

karl is offline Old Post 06-30-2003 09:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for karl Find more posts by karl Add karl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote