Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > NEWS: Escape wins BEST SMALL SUV Award !!!
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rmp102
Hyperdrive

I'm still anticipating my move to an Escape but have to agree that the looks of this truck really sold me. Other designs are just way out there and the Liberty engine size scares me on gas milage too! Hope to "move up" in a few weeks time!

'04 Dark Shadow Grey Escape
4x4 XLT
Side Airbags
Moonroof
Remote Start

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rmp102 is offline Old Post 10-11-2003 05:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rmp102 Find more posts by rmp102 Add rmp102 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kode3
[shift] 4th Gear!

quote:
Originally posted by JustJerk
There was one small problem with that study; they forgot to include the Tribute! The article title would have said “MAZDA TRIBUTE Wins Best Small SUV Award!"

Don't feel bad, it's the same thing.... just ulgy. j/k

kode3 is offline Old Post 10-12-2003 04:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kode3 Find more posts by kode3 Add kode3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spork
Platinum Member

And The Smart Money LOSER Is . . .

quote:
Originally posted by WhatsNew

Hyundai Santa Fe GLS

Unfortunately, the oddly bulging headlamps bring to mind the flared nostrils of a pig.

OMG that is brutal. I'll never look at a Santa Fe in the same way again. I'm guessing that SmartMoney won't be getting any Hyundai advertising dollars anytime soon or in the near future.

Proud Owner:
- 2002 Escape XLT Sport Edition
- Dark Shadow Grey Metallic
- MACH Audio W/6 Disc CD

Lookin' for:
- Boom Booster
- 17 inch Wheel/Tire combo

Spork is offline Old Post 10-14-2003 07:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spork Find more posts by Spork Add Spork to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Escape2k4
1st Gear

quote:
Originally posted by mi-escape
JustJerk,

If only buying a Tribute actually got you there....

The truth of the matter is, no version of the Escape or Tribute is intended for an "upper class" driver. They are squarely middle-class vehicles and the cater to a wide spectrum of the middle-class.

The survey on incomes kind of proves that. The majority of owners were around 60,000 or less in income. Only a small minority were above that mark.

Until Lincoln or Landrover gets the Escape/Tribute platform, I don't believe any small SUV from Ford, Mazda or Mercury will be intended for the upper-class.

If your intention is to suggest that the Tribute is more refined, I would say possibly in ride only. The Escape Limited provides a much more refined vehicle look inside and out.

great escape youve got there if i do say so myself

Escape2k4 is offline Old Post 11-20-2003 07:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Escape2k4 Find more posts by Escape2k4 Add Escape2k4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Decker
4th Gear

Re: Ford VS Mazzy service

quote:
Originally posted by FLCalling
My Son owns both a Mazda 600 and a Tribute. He finds the Mazda dealership STUPID! and ususally calls then Ford dealership to get the correct fix on his Tribute!

quote:
Originally posted by JustJerk
Gotta love being upper class!

How has the service been at your Mazda dealer JJ? Could it be that they prefer to work on their mainly sports car lineup? Ford has more trucks & SUVS on sale so maybe that's my better choice service-wise?

Decker is offline Old Post 12-18-2003 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Decker Find more posts by Decker Add Decker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustJerk
Platinum Member

Re: Re: Ford VS Mazzy service

quote:
Originally posted by Decker
How has the service been at your Mazda dealer JJ? Could it be that they prefer to work on their mainly sports car lineup? Ford has more trucks & SUVS on sale so maybe that's my better choice service-wise?
Awesome - they put on a 3rd party bug shield for free, my compass lost it settings (fixed during an oil change), the only 2 things that needed fixing. The guys down there are really nice, just hope I only see them for oil changes and tire rotations.

MODS

WetherTech WeatherFlectors
WeatherTech Easy-OnTM Stone and Bug Deflector
Clear Side Markers
DIY - Interior Bike Rack
DIY - Main & Lower Grille Guard
DIY - Cabin Air Filter
Cee Bailey's Sunshields
Evolution 4 Car Cover
Chrome Tribute License Plate Holder
3rd Brake light cover
12" Polished Billet Antenna
Decals - Mazda, Zoom-Zoom, American Flag, No Fear, Jerk Inside, NY Giants Helmet, NY Giants Logo, BigBlueTailgate.com, 4X4, and more

Jest- something done or said in a playful joking manner

JustJerk is offline Old Post 12-19-2003 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JustJerk Visit JustJerk's homepage! Find more posts by JustJerk Add JustJerk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmyjohn
Hyperdrive

I test drove a couple of the others. They were small and you felt like you were almost sitting on the passengers lap. The lay out just didn't make it. As soon as I got in the Escape you could feel the difference. Jimmyjohn

TOPPED THE MTN. 20,000 POSTS 1/1/09

jimmyjohn is offline Old Post 12-20-2003 01:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jimmyjohn Find more posts by jimmyjohn Add jimmyjohn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cascade
New Member!

We have looked at the Vue in addition to the Escape. What others did you test drive jimmy john?

cascade is offline Old Post 01-31-2004 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cascade Visit cascade's homepage! Find more posts by cascade Add cascade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmyjohn
Hyperdrive

I drove a liberty and a 4runner and didn't like eather one. Also drove a chevyTracker way too small.

TOPPED THE MTN. 20,000 POSTS 1/1/09

jimmyjohn is offline Old Post 01-31-2004 09:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jimmyjohn Find more posts by jimmyjohn Add jimmyjohn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
captjchin
2nd Gear

If it means anything, Consumers Reports rated the Escape ABOVE that Masda whatever it's called........

captjchin@yahoo.com

2005 XLT V6 Auto No Boundaries in Norsea Blue and Grey Leather Int
Garmin iQue 3600 GPS
Piaa H7 high beams, Piaa H11 low beams
Mont Blanc bike racks
Twin Specialized Sequoia Eletes

captjchin is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for captjchin Find more posts by captjchin Add captjchin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quango
2nd Gear

quote:
Originally posted by captjchin
If it means anything, Consumers Reports rated the Escape ABOVE that Masda whatever it's called........

Why or how could they rate the Escape higher than the Mazda tribute? Aren't they the same in all the ways that count?

quango is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for quango Find more posts by quango Add quango to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmp102
Hyperdrive

quote:
Originally posted by quango
Why or how could they rate the Escape higher than the Mazda tribute? Aren't they the same in all the ways that count?

Not really ..... i've looked at test reports on both cars and they get different ratings

'04 Dark Shadow Grey Escape
4x4 XLT
Side Airbags
Moonroof
Remote Start

rmp102 is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rmp102 Find more posts by rmp102 Add rmp102 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
captjchin
2nd Gear

Bought a Consumer's Report Special on Wagons and SUVs and for whatever reason, they rated the Escape higher.

Suspension on Mazda I believe to be more firm ( from previous lit ). I just personally have had best luck on Fords.

Already have great credit with Ford helps my decisions. Usually get a 0.0% loan (on my Focus) but because Escape is an 05, had to pay 2.9 or 3.9

captjchin@yahoo.com

2005 XLT V6 Auto No Boundaries in Norsea Blue and Grey Leather Int
Garmin iQue 3600 GPS
Piaa H7 high beams, Piaa H11 low beams
Mont Blanc bike racks
Twin Specialized Sequoia Eletes

captjchin is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 06:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for captjchin Find more posts by captjchin Add captjchin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stangston
New Member!

How did this thread come back from the dead? Anyway, does anyone know of any current comparison reviews that would include the new 2005 Escape, other redesigned small SUV's, and new competitors like the Chevy Equinox (if it's in the same class)?

Stangston is offline Old Post 04-16-2004 05:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Stangston Find more posts by Stangston Add Stangston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote