Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
ESCAPE TRIBUTE FORUMS
> General Chat > 2009 Escape horn
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zippy
Neutral

2009 Escape horn

I know this is a minor comment, but what was Ford thinking with the horn on this car. It the softest sounding horn I have ever heard, except for my 1958 Renault which had a "city horn" that was about the same. The Renault's "country horn" was just like any other horn.

How difficult is it to change a horn?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Zippy is offline Old Post 10-22-2008 04:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zippy Find more posts by Zippy Add Zippy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zippy
Neutral

Sorry. I should have done a search first. I can see that wimpy horns have been a problem for some time. the horn on my 2004 Escape was just fine. What is Ford thinking?

Zippy is offline Old Post 10-22-2008 05:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zippy Find more posts by Zippy Add Zippy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PonyEscape
Neutral

Yeah, I have the same horn on my 08.... the horn in my girlfriend's VW bug sounds better.

PonyEscape is offline Old Post 10-22-2008 06:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PonyEscape Find more posts by PonyEscape Add PonyEscape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TributeBlue
2nd Gear

I swapped mine out the first week; sounded wimpy. Bought a set of turnpike horns and installed one on each side behind the bumper.

TributeBlue is offline Old Post 10-23-2008 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TributeBlue Find more posts by TributeBlue Add TributeBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreyDog-OMO
1st Gear

Talking

quote:
Originally posted by TributeBlue
I swapped mine out the first week; sounded wimpy. Bought a set of turnpike horns and installed one on each side behind the bumper.

Pictures Please

GreyDog-OMO is offline Old Post 10-23-2008 03:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GreyDog-OMO Visit GreyDog-OMO's homepage! Find more posts by GreyDog-OMO Add GreyDog-OMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TributeBlue
2nd Gear

No photos. Had to remove the front bumper assembly (very easy) and fab one bracket for the passenger side. Used a Scotch lock for the wire to feed the additional horn and ran the wire under a frame rail in front of the radiator.

TributeBlue is offline Old Post 10-23-2008 03:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TributeBlue Find more posts by TributeBlue Add TributeBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zippy
Neutral

quote:
Originally posted by TributeBlue
No photos. Had to remove the front bumper assembly (very easy) and fab one bracket for the passenger side. Used a Scotch lock for the wire to feed the additional horn and ran the wire under a frame rail in front of the radiator.

Is it just a matter of a few scews to get the bumper off? Can the mounting from the existingf horn be used for a new horn?

Zippy is offline Old Post 10-23-2008 04:54 PM
TributeBlue
2nd Gear

On my model, there isn't enough room for both together - I tried it and the horn hit the bumper. I copied the bracket and screwed it to the opposite side.

TributeBlue is offline Old Post 10-23-2008 05:40 PM