Escape-Central   
Home View your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search  
Escape-Central : Powered by Spinforums Escape-Central >
PERSONALIZE your Escape!
> MODIFICATIONS > Wiring a DashCam - Need Advice
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
econoline
New Member!

Wiring a DashCam - Need Advice

I'm mounting a dash camera on the windshield by the rear view mirror and need to route a USB cable from there to the passenger side fuse box. ('07 Hybrid)

The cable should fit under the headliner going from the mirror to the A-pillar, but I need to remove the A-pillar cover to route the wire down. Any tips on removing the A-pillar cover? I assume the grab handle will just unbolt. Is there a wiring channel in the headliner?

Then I plan to route under the dash to the passenger side fuse box, and tap into the radio fuse with an "add a circuit" clip. The cable has an inline regulator to convert 12v to 5v.

Appreciate tips from anyone who has done anything similar.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

econoline is offline Old Post 07-22-2013 06:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for econoline Find more posts by econoline Add econoline to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
29MPG
1st Gear

You are correct

I ran a wire to my rear-view mirror several years ago to accommodate a compass thermometer mirror. I also mounted a Parrot Bluetooth microphone to this mirror a few years later.

You are correct, the grab handle unbolts the cover snaps off. The headliner fell away enough with the trim off to tuck the wires in neatly.

CableOrganizer.com has some nice cable sleeving that makes for a tidy install.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

29MPG is offline Old Post 08-23-2013 05:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 29MPG Find more posts by 29MPG Add 29MPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote